LegacyGT.com

New shortblock issue

Decided to just do a new shortblock assembly for the legacy and this was what I found when the package arrived. 
Dowel pin bent and block surface has slight a chip. Hopefully they’ll accept my return, didn’t get to open when it arrived was late for work and came just before thanksgiving. Very upset right now. 

Thoughts?

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

Same thing happened to me several years ago. Dealer I purchased from accepted the return and I got a new one. That damage isn't bad. If you can't get it replaced without a hassle, it would be fine with a new dowel pin. The damage isn't in a critical area and it doesn't look like it protrudes out towards the sealing surface.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:48 AM, rhino6303 said:

...That damage isn't bad. If you can't get it replaced without a hassle, it would be fine with a new dowel pin. The damage isn't in a critical area and it doesn't look like it protrudes out towards the sealing surface.

My thoughts exactly.

But yeah, I get wanting that shortblock replaced if possible, too.

FWIW, my local dealer matched the on line price for the ej257, that was back in April 2012. There was no chance of shipper issues. But, I have been buying parts from them for a while.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here