LegacyGT.com

HELP annoying Window Breaker clicking non stop

Fluffysubie

Help I just replaced my window breaker under the dash because it was clicking every 5ish seconds, windows weren't working and the dash lights and most other lights in the car would flicker everytime it would click but after replacing the part the issue is still happening and don't know what else to do/ look for. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I don't know the answer, but may have a similar problem.

My driver's side window won't roll down/up, although I just replaced the switch (which was also broken) in the door.

I do get an incessant clicking under the dash. I thought it had to do with the climate control system, and had not related it to a fuse or something. But it clicks all the dang time.

I also have a couple of dash lights that work intermittently, at best, but usually not at all. The Fog Light indicator, specifically.

Before I go replacing the window motor/regulator, should I be looking somewhere else?

• Like 1

Hey Gina I am not sure about the dash lights working intermittently but if theres clicking coming from under the dash and you windows aren't working I would try removing fuse #21 I think it is. If the clicking stops then I would replace the window breaker and see if that helps. I'm not to sure if it will though cause I am still trying to figure out my similar issue and just did that. 

I checked fuse #21 (and a bunch of the others) and found none that were bad.

I'm almost certain my problem with the driver's side window is that the motor is kaput. I ordered a replacement. When the window switch broke, it probably got stuck in the "on" position and fried the motor. I replaced the switch, and all the locks and windows work now except that one, which won't engage at all.

The issue I'm having with the fog lights is, I think, separate. It's not the fuse, but may be the relay - just need to figure out which relay controls the fog lights.

Electrical gremlins are the worst.

Electrical issues are, sadly, very common in cars of this age (mine's a 2005). Recently I discovered a wiring harness in the left front wheel well that was kinda wrapped around a corner, and some of the wires had started to fray. Add water to that mix and it was causing all kinds of chaos. Awhile back I had a mouse get inside one door and start chewing on stuff.

If you have the shop manual and find the wiring diagrams, they can really help. I'm still learning how to interpret them, but I'm teachable 😉

Good luck!