LegacyGT.com

help in diagnosing vibration ....

Legacy05

Not too long ago I put on Kyowa Racing rims and Falken GR Beta 451's .. (225/40/18). When I start to go faster than 65, my steering wheel will start to shake. Its annoying, I have had the tires rebalanced and I do have hub-centric rings on as well. I do notice that my car will start drifting to the right if I let go of the wheel. So my alignment might be a bit off, would this cause the steering wheel to vibrate???

Do you think if I were to switch the rears to the front that this would help me diagnose possibly a bad wheel/tire combo??

Thanks!

Alignment could be off, tire may not be ballanced properly, a wheel weight could have fallen off on another wheel, wheel could be bent, tire pressure could be off, lug nuts could be loose... There are a lot of things you should probably check.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Thanks! I will check that out when I get home, if both of these check out, should I get an alignment next? Or should I try switching rear to front. The wheel started vibrating as soon as I left the place that balanced my tires.

• 1 year later...

Archived