LegacyGT.com

I hate %#@#* NJ gas stations...

laz

...and their stupid "you can't pump your own gas" laws!!! :icon_evil

I know this has happend to other people before, but I just need to vent. I stop by a Mobil in River Road near Fort Lee and tell the guy:

"$10 dollars 93 cash"

the guy hears:

"$10 dollars 87 cash"

Luckily I turn around before I pay him to see that he had selected the 87 octane one, but it was too late since he had already pumped around 4 gallons of the stuff! I was so pissd off! I honked my horn, and told him that it was 93, but he was like, "No you said 87" I wanted to kick him!

Luckily I was almost empty, and it filled to almost half tank. When I got to NYC I stopped at a gas station and was able to pump around 9 gallons of premium. So I have around 12 gallons of premium, and 4 of regular. I hope everything evens out to a respectable octane. I can't wait to get rid of this tank of gas!!!

I really hate stupid NJ laws, and any state where you can't pump your own damn gas!!!

X

---

Dude...

Octane booster is your freind in situation.

I wholeheartedly agree with your take on the law... moronic. I doubt they would pay to repair your car when the engine is damaged by detonation caused by low-octane gas.

They shouldn't be able to stick you with the repair, since there is no possible way that you could have made that mistake in NJ... YEAH, RIGHT.

BTW, the average of (12x93)+(4x87)/16 =91.5 probably ok, since most of us plebes in flyover country only get 91.

Guest *Jedimaster*
What's funny is they don't trust them to pump gas, which they're capable of. Yet, they allow them to drive, which they can barely do.

What's funny is they don't trust them to pump gas, which they're capable of. Yet, they allow them to drive, which they can barely do.

The real irony is that they'll let you carry a concealed weapon...

Carrying a gun is safer than pumping your own gas.. what a hoot.

And they say "liberals" are the sheep..

ROFL..

I don't like it either....my wife is worse! She is impatient and usually gets out to do her own. The attendants get pissed but what are they going to do to a woman wielding a gas nozzle?

At any rate...if you don't like it just get out and supervise. It is your chance to be a five minute manger. supervise the fillup, get the right stuff, no drips, don't top it off, and you don't walk away smelling of gas. Let the other guy handle the carcinogens.

i usually say "super" but for some reason I said "93". But still, I spoke slowly, and he nodded like he understood my request. I have gotten gas at this station before without any problems, but I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later. Sucks big time. I was actually thinking of filling up there, but for some reason I just decided to get 10 bucks. It was a good thing too since I was able to fill up with 93 and hopefully compesate.

Still, it is so silly that you can't pump your own gas. But if they are pumping it for you, then it is even sillier that you have to keep a close eye on these fools!

---

Guest JessterCPA

I have been getting gas here my whole life, and never have had a problem liek that. I have had other stupid issues with gas guys, but I dont think that's a NJ thing.

"New Jersey - Don't worry, we hate it too!" :)

Jesse

The good news is that our cars do not need 93 octane, at least not if stock. Those four gallons of 87 mixed with eight + gallons of 93 are still above the factory-recommended 91 octane level.

Plus you could even have limped home on pure 87 if you had to, using minimal throttle until you could get some 93.

I am always standing next to them when the pump. Because the like to just put the cap on when they are done and not "CLICK" it tight.Unless it's 10 degrees then I will just yell out the window.I feel this is something very common that alot of people don't even watch for,except for they savy Subaru drivers.

Denial is your best friend

The real irony is that they'll let you carry a concealed weapon...

Carrying a gun is safer than pumping your own gas.. what a hoot.

And they say "liberals" are the sheep..

ROFL..

Where the hell you talking about? Not NJ, that's for sure. Not a conservative state, and you ahve a snowballs chance in hell of getting a carry permit.

Yeah, I drove 9 miles on the 87, and I was starting to feel it. I was light footed the whole way, but I had the itch to step on it! :icon_bigg

Funny thing is that I have been filling up in NJ for more than 5 years, and this is the first time this happens.

I guess it serves me right since I was distracted trying to take this pic of a VW Passat and their "no gas cap" holster with my cell phone. It did not come out as clear, but the gas cap was dangling right on the paint in the quarter panel by the gas handle:

http://deexboy.com/albums/album25/vwgascap.jpg

I guess Subaru did something right in making the plastic holder string long enough to go past the paint.

X

---

i went to fill up gas once in NJ at a rest area off the NJ turnpike. Before he started filling up I asked him if I could do it myself and he said no, so I said fine, fill me up with 93. He comes back to me after I give him my card, I sign the receipt and then I leave.

I pull onto the highway and I notice that my gas needle is still on empty so I figured that it may take a while for the needle to work itself up. After about a mile it still was on empty so I pulled over, turned it off, and turned it back on. Still on empty. At this point, he either did not fill up my gas or my guage was broken.

So I go 10 miles to the next exit, explain to the toll booth guy what happened. he lets me make a u-turn and i head in the other direction...but the rest area was on the other side so i have to go 20 miles to the next exit and then come back another 10 miles. So 45 mins later I end up back at the gas station (lucky to have made it considering my light was on when I was there the first time), and I pull up to the attendant and ask him if he really filled me up. Of course, he says he did and that I'm lying and after I show him my needle is still on empty he says I brought back a different car and I had a TL before:icon_evil

The figure out that the amount they charged me was what the meter read for the guy they filled up before me...so i made them fill me up with the amount I paid plus more because of the extra 40 miles I drove to get back....

cliffs:

went to fill up gas, didnt fill me up, drove 40 miles to get back, NJ sucks cuz they dont let you fill it up

Archived