LegacyGT.com

ZR1/Classic corvettes & 67 Camaro

So thought I’d share this with this community since it’s much tighter knit and not so open like traditional social media. I also didn’t want to spread too much since it’s not mine personally but a friend’s, but it’s too cool not to share. He restores/ builds body panels for C1 corvettes and also ZR1s. I’ve been invited to help with some projects to learn fiberglass/bodywork so I’m pretty stoked he offered to show me the ropes. I’ve done some body work, and it’s good enough for fixing a daily, but this is next level and I’m very excited to embark on this journey. He also recently acquired a 67 camaro so I’m excited for him and hope to be a part of that restoration process. I’m hoping I’ll be able to share more in the future as I get more into it. He’s got some pretty incredible cars in his shop right now…

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally got back over there…took a hiatus with the holidays but so far been there last two weekends in a row. I’m hoping to start building some momentum, I know once it starts to warm up again there will be a lot more. Last weekend was pretty uneventful …wiped down the 53 in the foreground of the picture of my last post to get some of the dort off of it. It’s been there so long dirt has gotten into the paint…really could use a good buff and cut. My fear is getting swirls in the paint…so I’m guessing the best course of action would be to do a good wash to remove as much surface dirt as possible, clay bar to get rid of remaining surface dirt, then a good cut and buff? Trying to learn some detailing stuff too. 
Got the motor pulled today so some holes could be filled and some bodywork could be done on the engine bay and re-sprayed. Been a looooonngggg time since I’ve pulled an engine so it was cool to do that again. Also designing some brackets to be water jetted for the headlights. Here’s a pic of the Camaro. Doesn’t look like much but it’s straight as an arrow, PO welded in all new sheet metal after a wreck and prepped it. It’s just an empty roller but it’ll be an incredible car once it’s done. 

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg