LegacyGT.com

What would you ADD/CHANGE on a new Legacy immediately after purchase?

Update on the Whiteline rear sway - was able to reach a rep who told me that it should fit, so took a shot and ordered. I probably won't get around to installing it until May, as will be on vacation the last week of April - will report back.

• Thanks 1

Just got the sway this morning - didn't want to wait so went to my long time mechanic (and got an earful for installing suspension mods on what he thinks is a non-sport sedan, the guy is seriously old school). Decided to go with the stiffer setting - and after taking a few corners, definitely feel that the car is more taut at the back, and there is less understeer / body lean in turns - exactly what I was hoping for. Me like-y so far! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dohturdima said:

Just got the sway this morning - didn't want to wait so went to my long time mechanic (and got an earful for installing suspension mods on what he thinks is a non-sport sedan, the guy is seriously old school). Decided to go with the stiffer setting - and after taking a few corners, definitely feel that the car is more taut at the back, and there is less understeer / body lean in turns - exactly what I was hoping for. Me like-y so far! 

is stiffer best installing for less roll?

9 hours ago, 0SuperDuper0 said:

is stiffer best installing for less roll?

Yes, but mostly a greater understeer reduction. With aftermarket sways, I usually go from least stiff to full to find the best setting - but decided to try it at max stiffness to see how it will behave (there was some concern about it being too stiff at the back and not absorbing bumps). There is still a decent amount of body roll - to have less, shocks/struts/springs and tires will need to be upgraded - not ready for any of that. Yet 😀

Edited by dohturdima
  • Haha 1