LegacyGT.com

Clutch release bearing help

2 or 3 years ago the clutch release bearing died while my wife was driving it and it was hell getting the right bearing from a parts store. I kept getting the wrong bearing and of course it was Christmas Eve so I wasn’t able to track down the right one till the day after Christmas. Fast forward to now, the bearing is making some noise and the clutch has never been great so I’m going to replace the whole thing. Does anyone know if there are 2 different types of bearings on these? The car was switched over to a single mass flywheel before I bought it so I’m not sure if that’s why I struggled with finding the right part.

Just call Spec Clutch, and get their Spec 2+ clutch kit, for a 08' which came with a SMFW. My 05' had their last test LWFW and Spec2+ kit. Call them and talk with them, great customer service. When I put the ej257 in, I had one of their Spec 2 clutches, and a 08 SMFW. You can see pictures on the click here link in my sig.  50,000 miles later, I put the LWFW back in and a 2+.

Check your fork for cracks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here