LegacyGT.com

Subie doesn't beep anymore when using key fob

I'm sure this topic is listed somewhere already but I was unable to find it. Anyway...

All of a sudden today, my 2005 stopped beeping when using the key fob to lock or unlock. It still works - the car will lock / unlock and the lights will flash but no audible cues.

Any idea why and how to fix?

Thanks.

dc

6 hours ago, Pleides said:

Chirping sound is optional. To turn the chirp off or back on, unlock all the doors with the unlock button on the remote, then press both the lock and the unlock buttons on the remote for 2 seconds. The system will chirp to indicate the chnage has been successful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

Chirping sound is optional. To turn the chirp off or back on, unlock all the doors with the unlock button on the remote, then press both the lock and the unlock buttons on the remote for 2 seconds. The system will chirp to indicate the chnage has been successful.

damn, this whole time I thought the chirp on fob lock/unlock was a facelift specific thing as my 07 doesn't chirp but my 08 does. I never questioned it, and never even thought that it was something you could actually toggle. thanks for the info :) 

17 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

Thank you! I've had my car for several years and this never happened before so I thought maybe a fuse went out or whatever makes that sound might have to be replaced but this simple fix did it! So weird that it happened. I wonder how. Anyway, I'm back to good - much appreciated.