LegacyGT.com

Thinking about trading in the 3.6. Please talk me out of it!

All,

Thinking about trading in the 2018 3.6.  Only has 57,000 on it.  A 2016 STI in Hypur Blue has come up for sale in my area with 25K on it.  STI is unmodded and clean history it is a local car bought and registered in the state.  Only thing I may do if I purchase if add an Accessport.  I have other vehicles so this will probably not even see 1,000 miles a year. One thing I do not want is for every 18 year old with a WRX or Focus RS racing me so that is why I keep saying anyone want to steer me away?

I am well aware of the problems EJ's can have as I have a 2006 4th gen 2.5 SE in my collection I bought new.  So I do not need a focus on issues that it could have.  If it makes a difference no emissions are required in the state where it will be registered. 

Thank you.

Edited by MoleMan

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Scrap the boat anchor for the STi. 

We thought about it overnight and decided to just that.  Same dealership(A Subaru dealer)has a 2021 MDX A-Spec SH AWD with 20K on it. Clean and no accidents. Off lease and just turned in for an Ascent.  Same price as the STI was.  All while I have watched two 18-21 year olds test drive that STI(One stalled it twice).  

I told the wife if I get you the MDX the S4 is mine now.  Lol she gave me a FU look and walked away smiling.

My wife drives a 2020 MDX SH AWD (tech package).  No A-Spec as she hated the color.  Hers has about 15k on the odo now.  Acura constantly calls asking to buy the car back, lol.  I have two vehicles with loans and I have "equity"' in both at todays market prices.  First time that has happened.  Cars are worth more than I owe. 

6 hours ago, m sprank said:

My wife drives a 2020 MDX SH AWD (tech package).  No A-Spec as she hated the color.  Hers has about 15k on the odo now.  Acura constantly calls asking to buy the car back, lol.  I have two vehicles with loans and I have "equity"' in both at todays market prices.  First time that has happened.  Cars are worth more than I owe. 

Every car I have is paid except for this new Acura.  I get letters from the local Honda dealers trying to get me to sell them my Accord and Civic. Not gonna happen.

This Acura I got for under asking at 29.5k out the door.  Payments are $350 a month and change.  Will have it paid off by the end of the year.

As far as the regular SH AWD and the A-Spec it's just a body package with different seats.  It's nice.  I wish it had the Red Leather like I had on my TL SH before I sold it(I am an idiot for selling that car). As far as the color it figures it's Taffeta White which I actually prefer on the Acura/Hondas.  The Black which I have on my Accord and had on my Accord and TL were not my favorite.  

The dealership kept trying to get me to trade in my 3.6 and it was getting annoying so we drove in my daily beater Civic so no temptation could be made to sell.  One thing I love about Acuras and Hondas is so easy to maintain.  

Now I get to go to my in laws and get to drive a 65 Chevy 1/2 ton with a fully built 502 under the hood.  That should make me want to go out and buy another Z06 😁