LegacyGT.com

Climate control and audio not working

cricket

I have had my 2005 GT for 16 months. The heat/AC temp is adjustable but can't be switched off. None of the functions like mode, fan, etc work. The CD player works but not the radio. The dealer told me he thinks there is a Technical Bulletin on this entire problem.

Any one had the same?

Cricket

I experienced the same thing with my radio not responding and getting stuck on a certain CD. Then just over the Christmas weekend as I was driving around the ACC stopped responding to any commands. The screen would stay blank, sometimes it would respond but very slowly, and when it was on it wouldn't shut off. Now it's working properly. I called the service manager (since they had just done work on the car) and now it's fine. So I guess I'll be waiting until it's bad again before complaining. I have lots of warranty time left:munch:

This weekend my Radio and Climate diplay just shut off. I stopped the car turned it off and when I started it, it worked again.:icon_neut

Subaru gave me the "Cannot replicate customer's complaint" explanation and returned the car. Still happens especially in colder weather.

I had the same thing soon after getting car. Dealer had not heard of problem before. It seems like most things that go wrong with Subaru that there is always a reason why it cannot be fixed under warranty. I'll bet an independent shop could fix it, for a price of course.

• 4 years later...
This weekend my Radio and Climate diplay just shut off. I stopped the car turned it off and when I started it, it worked again.:icon_neut

Wow, bumping an old thread, lol.

This just happened to me today for the first time. Anyone ever figure this out?

just had this happen to me last month during a cold winter drive on I-80. Turning car on and off worked for awhile, then it came back a few minutes later. When I got to Ft. Collins, I found that my cooling fan (driver side) was staying on (relay blown. Just discovered the TSB, have not had the relay or ECU replaced). Wondering if the two are related, because both started on the same trip.

Radio/cd/heater issue has not returned since that incident, but fans have never worked correctly since. I'm 3hrs from a dealer and now have a torn CV boot, so until I fix that it will be awhile.

Had something like this happen to me last night. Was listening to a CD, all of the sudden the radio went blank, climate/AC turned off but "AUTO" and "A/C" were still lit... Also, the entire console/speed guages/trip clock all went on the BRIGHT setting. Lasted for about 15 seconds, then everything went back to normal and I havent seen the issue again yet. It was WIERD!
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• 1 year later...

Hmmm. I was listening to a CD and heard a popping noise in the speakers. The the defroster lights were flashing and the radio display went blank. I turned the radio off and back on and it was OK for a short period and it did it again. Happened the next time I drove it also.

It seems like a power disruption that only occurs when the CD player is playing.

Archived