LegacyGT.com

Need some assistance removing the underbody plastic panels

GetAwayDriver

Well yesterday I was changing my panel air filter and ended up dropping a pretty important bolt under there. I started to remove the underbody panels thinking it would come off easily but its a real pain the in the ass. I also found myself digging up the plastic pins that hold those panels in. Additionally, I have a magnet (used to try and get the bolt) attached to the inside of my car. I might as well throw some other junk down there.

For reference, the bolt and magnet are around the airbox area of the engine bay and around the front light housing. As you know, you can just loosen the plastic panels and expect the stuff to roll out because Subaru decided to contour the panels like the god damn Grand Canyon.

Any help is greatly appreciated and flaming is encouraged for such a bone headed mistake.

all you need is a phillips screwdriver and a flat head. The panel is attached underneath by a couple of pops and then one pop on either side up in the wheel well. It's fairly easy to remove....ramps will help in doing this. Good luck.

Moved: Doesn't belong in Walkthroughs.....

I drop stuff down there ALL the time.....best way to get them out is to bump the plastic from the front and you'll hear the bolt bounce, then just keep bouncing it back until it gets the the back and you can just reach it.....I've done this at least 10 times ;)

Archived