Liberty GT with 20 inch rims

icandy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Kinda like J. Cash's "A boy named sue?"

Exactly what I had in mind actually.

If you gonna go with twenties, get meatspinnas!
:icon_surp

Why are you guys so hard on him? If he likes it that's all that matters. He just posted it to let everyone see what 20"s would look like on a legacy. So for people that were on the fence and wondering what it would look like or how it would fit now they know. Give the guy a break. I'm not into the rims. I dont want heavy wheels on my car. but, I'm not going to slam him.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Well, at least he had the courage to post those pics. It lets the rest of us decide if it's something we'd even consider. Now that I've seen them, it's not for me, but I'm glad he likes them. But I agree, I think I usually see rims like that on Mercs and 300Cs. Maybe an Infinity FX.

tom :)

Why are you guys so hard on him? If he likes it that's all that matters. He just posted it to let everyone see what 20"s would look like on a legacy. So for people that were on the fence and wondering what it would look like or how it would fit now they know. Give the guy a break. I'm not into the rims. I dont want heavy wheels on my car. but, I'm not going to slam him.

thanks itsme,

it has been an interesting read though but I'm very surprised on the negativity that has came from my post. Didn't expect that from the legactgt forums crowd. On the street so far i've been getting good comments so that makes up for everything that happened here. maybe u US guys have different tastes than say the Australians, European and Japanese people. Coz the trends are different in different areas, and ppl modify differently. You guys say the wheels look better on a merc or something. In someways the legacy can be considered a luxury car with all the leather and stuff. We do pay a fair bit for a legacy, well here in australia anyways. I was so close to going to racing look with jap rims, why I pulled away was because here in australia, it was just going to cost me way too much to import some decent rims. we don't get the huge range to choose from in local store like u guys get in the US. anyways i'm changing the guards soon to be more wider body. i might post it up, if u guys want me to post here anymore.

maybe thats the "new thing" down under?

i think it's fair to say we're getting past the chrome as a trend in the u.s., unless you like spinners and sell crack.

some car companies still sell them with the cars but are few.

black and grey are coming "in" more but, silver will be with us the most.

I would not worry about the people here with all the jokes. If they don't like "Bump them!"(That a Los Angeles slang term for another word that begains with a "F":icon_bigg ). I get it from my friends too. They call me "The only black guy in LA with a subaru!" After having my cars('04 WRX, now '05 LGT limited wagon w/ manual) for the last 2yrs I think they are right:) . So do what makes you happy.

Sometimes on this forum they can be sort of snobs and elitist. It a car is outside of what they think the car is supose to look like they start calling it "ricey" or in your case "bling". I did'nt see it as much in the other forums I have been in like for integras(but, I guesse if you look in a dictionary for ricey you would see a integra. :) but, any way.), classic pontiac and Ford(I also have a '64 Grand Prix w/ a built 389 w/ Tri-power(3 X2 bbl carbs some call a six-pack) and a '56 Ford F-100 P/U w a built chevy 327. I built both engines myself). Subaru forum can be very helpful and they can be very harsh at times.

Out here in the USA Subarus are more of a niche car. Some forget in other parts of the word Subarus are more prestigest. Out here a WRX is only alittle more then a Civic Si ( I got my '04 WRX wagon for only $22.5k with short throw shifter, upgrade alarm, and sub) and a legacy cost about as much as a honda accord or toyata camey in the mid range mainstream family sedan(I got my '05 LGT Limited wagon w/ manual, leather, homelink, auto dim rear mirror and compass, rear cargo tray, and rear cargo net for $25,160 2 weeks ago). They are not very common and make a statment that you are outside the mainstream. Most Subaru owner like that and out here are pretty hardcore about their cars.

So post what you like. So let me put on my fire-proof underwear. Because I know I'm going to get flames.

P.S. I love my car and will most likely get another Subaru. But. to the outside world and forums they lump Subarus with honda, toyotas, Etc.. with other cars from Japan and call them "ricey" or "riceburners". When I talk about my Subarus in the American car sites.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived