LegacyGT.com

Slowly going insane

I borrowed a 2005 Outback from the dealer today. Even in non-limited, non-XT, slushbox form, it's nice to be able to drive a car that isn't about to fall apart (my VW). It has reminded me that when I finally do get my GT, it will have been worth the wait.

Subaru has promised the dealer that if the incentive goes down in Jan., they'll honor it anyway. If the incentive goes up, I win. They guessed that the cash incentive will not change, but if history is any indicator, they may sweeten the deal by offering cheap financing in conjunction with the $1000 cash back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel yer pain Bicster. To cheer you up a bit, here's my little tale:

I too was searching for a 5MT, mine in silver since the I don't want tan leather. There was only one in my state, it had seen demo duty so I didn't want that. They wouldn't deal anyway. No luck in neighboring states either.

So I find one in stock in an out of state (waaay out) dealer (in MA, I'm in FL). I sent them a deposit on a 5MT in the storage lot on 12/15 or 12/16, they received it on 12/21, then my credit union wazzled on me because it was from out of state.:rolleyes:

So I worked around that, sent them cash, they reacted quickly, but now the transporters won't get it on a truck until tomorrow, then 7-10 days to get it to me!

This all wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't sold my old Maxima on Christmas eve to a guy with cash in hand. Now my wife has to take me to work & back! And I can't jet ski as her car has no hitch!:icon_surp

I guess I'll appreciate it that much more huh?:)

Since you asked.......

It IS pretty rough, haven't ridden the ski in 3 weeks.:icon_surp At least I have the smell of castor oil in the string trimmer & lawnmower!:icon_lol:

I did get the garage all cleaned out now & yardwork caught up. Worked up a sweat, & had to strip down to shorts and no shirt, it was mid 70's and sunny this weekend.:icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update -

SIA and SoA are involved now. I got a long apology from the district sales mgr today.

I still have the loaner car (Outback 2.5i 4AT). The dealer sliced the price again by adding incentives. The regional manager is trying for even more.

Refreshingly, nobody is trying to blow smoke up my ass. Unfortunately, SIA/SoA are trying to blow smoke up the dealer's ass.

And nobody knows when the car will get here, or apparently where it is.

My car showed up in my dealer's inventory on subaru.com today. The equipment matches, color matches, and VIN matches.

I called the dealer. They still don't have it! But they said the district rep assured them again that it would be there today. He also told me that I can't have it until tomorrow unless it shows up within the next hour. :(

97 days today

So I take it by now you've gotten the price down to a 2005 2.5i Sedan range?:D Along with a 6yr/100k B to B warranty? At least it's there for sure now... or maybe not since it hasn't actually shown up?:confused: Update us all whenever there is one!

Also, I know you weren't supposed to say what they were comping you earlier, but since it's there now... any hints on how they took good care of you?:)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

OK, here's how the deal worked out for my 2006 LGT:

$27313 was the original deal for the LGT Ltd + Subwoofer + Wheel Locks + Homelink Mirror

They offered me a $200 Home Depot gift card. I told 'em I'd rather have an STi shifter. The compromise was that I pay them $100 for the shifter. (The car was already built.)

So the deal became $26413 after the $1000 cash back.

They also gave me the 4.9% financing, even though it is mutually exclusive with the cash back. It saves me about $500 over the eloan.com rate over the term of the loan.

They also gave me something else which is worth about $540 to me.

They also gave me a $25 american express cash card.

All in all I am pretty happy with this deal. It is not often a dealer will give you a below-invoice price on a custom order vehicle and then go down from there. Let's call it $25,881 before the secret $540 perk that shall not be mentioned again.

I did not get any warranty extensions or prepaid service. I think I would have if this had gone another week, but I'm really glad I finally get my car :)

Archived