LegacyGT.com

Local paper needs new Auto writer..

So I'm sure most fo you saw my post about The mercedes.

I'm positive that the err comes from the writer as I found this gem

from last weeks writeup.

They profilethe Mazda Speed 6 and then, get this, compare it to the following..

Mitsu EVO : and make express coments about how power wise it competes but is 'smaller'

Volvo V40 : And again, make comments expressly about it's 'size'

The goofy odd car out..

They comapre the SP6 to.. DUN DUN DUN....

An STi..

*double boggle*

And comment.. " The power is unserpassed and worth the $33,000 pricetag."

NO mention of the fact that the STi is not only NOT in the SP6's class- but thats it was smaller than ALL the other vehicles they comapred with the SP6..

Now this article was basically looking at one thing and one thing only when trying to find comparo vehicles.. "Horse Power". They list the SP6 at 274 of-course 20 ponies or so more than the Leggy GT, that would've not only fit in the segment they were comparing but been better than the other vehicle's it was getting compared to other than the STi.

It's clear.. my papers auto editor has no clue. (they even used a pic of a bugeyes Impreza (wasn't even an STi or current..) sigh.

No wonder Subys brand is weak.

So I'm sure most fo you saw my post about The mercedes.

I'm positive that the err comes from the writer as I found this gem

from last weeks writeup.

They profilethe Mazda Speed 6 and then, get this, compare it to the following..

Mitsu EVO : and make express coments about how power wise it competes but is 'smaller'

Volvo V40 : And again, make comments expressly about it's 'size'

The goofy odd car out..

They comapre the SP6 to.. DUN DUN DUN....

An STi..

*double boggle*

And comment.. " The power is unserpassed and worth the $33,000 pricetag."

NO mention of the fact that the STi is not only NOT in the SP6's class- but thats it was smaller than ALL the other vehicles they comapred with the SP6..

Now this article was basically looking at one thing and one thing only when trying to find comparo vehicles.. "Horse Power". They list the SP6 at 274 of-course 20 ponies or so more than the Leggy GT, that would've not only fit in the segment they were comparing but been better than the other vehicle's it was getting compared to other than the STi.

It's clear.. my papers auto editor has no clue. (they even used a pic of a bugeyes Impreza (wasn't even an STi or current..) sigh.

No wonder Subys brand is weak.

Well its not surprising, you wouldn't think that an auto writer in michigan would say anything nice about a car company that no longer has any US Auto maker ties.

heh... I often feel the same way about the auto writer for the washington post (warren brown) -- he is very out of touch with reality at times.

Ah, Warren Brown...spends six paragraphs reminiscing about his childhood picnics and one about the steering wheel of the car he's driving. His Car Culture column isn't bad but sometimes I think he forgets he's writing auto reviews when he's doing "On Wheels." In his review of the CLS 55 AMG, he spends 13 paragraphs talking about gas taxes and loving cars and two giving actual information about the car (I am not including the paragraph where he mentions that the car is rear wheel drive).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/16/AR2005091601633.html

Is a sample of what rallispec is talking about. The guy's under the influence of something other than post-drive euphoria.

Archived