LegacyGT.com

New Legacy GT owner

I have been a long time lurker, seldom poster, but I finally took the plunge and brought home a silver 2006 , 5mt, Legacy GT. :icon_bigg Man, what an upgrade from my 99 Explorer Sport!

On a side note, I test drove Spec B #498. I was a little disappointed with the interior noise. I noticed squeaks coming from the passenger side of the dashboard and from somewhere in the back of the car. I hope it was only this car affected and not the whole batch of Spec B's. And the car had never been on a test drive.:icon_surp

Congats! I hope you enjoy your LGT as much as the rest of us :icon_bigg

As for the noises.... I've never heard anything like that in my Spec B... and how did you get a test drive? I had to commit to buying the damn thing before they'd let me even start it up.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Thanks for the replies! This car's appearance is so subtle and understated yet gives just enough of a hint that something more resides underneath that sheetmetal.

I'm not sure how I got a test drive in the Spec B. I dealt with the Internet/Fleet Manager. I already knew that the Legacy I bought had been on their lot for quite sometime and made sure I told him that. I told him I was ready to buy that car right away BUT I would consider the Spec B if the price was right. They wouldn't give me a price over the phone for the Spec B but said they might be willing to come off MSRP if I came in. They had both the GT and the Spec B waiting for me when I got to the dealership. I think I was just dealing with a good dealership.

BTW, I scored a test drive in a WRX STI at another dealership even after the sales guy told me they don't allow test drives in that car! I just have a knack for it I guess.:icon_bigg

I myself just purchased my second Legacy after the first was totalled 2 weeks ago. I tracked down one of the last '05 Legacy GT Ltd. Wagons with a 5spd Manual this last Saturday in Charlotte, NC. Killer deal, KILLLLLERRR car. I'm not a speed freak, but to me, used to driving the family truckster, this is one bad moogerfooger of a car. I am so happy to remain in the Subaru family after losing one VERY reliable Legacy to a 78 year old woman's negligent driving.

Hope you enjoy your GT! I return the rental car from the accident tomorrow, and then every morning and every night, I'll get to enjoy my new Suby! Can't wait to get it out on the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Chris

Congratulations and welcome! It's nice to hear when someone has a good dealership experience. Some guys will tell you to go straight to stage 2, but my opinion is to go stage 1 and upgraded suspension first. That's what I'm in the process of right now.

Archived