LegacyGT.com

Interesting Problem with MS 6

Here is a link to a post on the Mazda forums about a problem many are having with the MS 6 and I thought I would post it (maybe many of you already know about this but its new to me):

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=44818

I wonder what is causing the problem? Doesn't sound like a problem I would want to be dealing with on a brand new car. Sure first year cars have problems but......

the rumor i've heard is that it may be related to the fuel system... I'll be keeping any eye out for a possible recall or TSB regarding this. (either the fuel system craps out, or the ECU is forcing the system into some kind of safe mode for what ever reason, ie:cheap gas, etc..)

it will be interesting to see how many MS6 owners start showing up with this problem.

After having driven the car for a while -- I can say with some certainty that it's most likely not a heat soak issue causing the power loss. I wouldnt be surprised if poor gas quality played some part in it though.

just reading through that thread is actually pretty interesting.. a couple of good theories as to what is happening... Hopefully Mazda comes up with a fix.

If enough people experience it Mazda will figure a recall out. It only took like 1000 Rx-8 to get flooded before the offered one step colder leading plugs. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

i'm waiting for the first legacy owner to bail ship and trade for an MS6.

i have considered it -- but i'd lose too much money on my legacy, and even though mazda is advertising $340/month to least the MS6 ($100 less than i'm paying now) - it ends up being over 400 once you factor in taxes and dealer fees.-- plus you need to put down almost 4k at signing.

It works out though, i really love my legacy too much to part with it. (now i've got to convince my fiancee to let me trade her 6i instead)

I would hold off on buying one till the major kinks are worked out. Mazda acts like it's shocked that a new/revised design car would have probs. "WTF do you mean the Rx-8 floods?" :lol:

which would rather have

mazda: "WTF do you mean the Rx-8 floods?"

or

mazda: "WTF do you mean the Rx-8 only has 215hp?"

The Legacy GT is a 3 year old car in turbo form compared with the MS6 which hasn't been out very long.

I doubt Subaru will rest on its laurels. I suspect there will be a bump in power plus a 6 speed for 2007. Those who jump ship well then get a heavy dose of buyers remorse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Legacy GT is a 3 year old car in turbo form compared with the MS6 which hasn't been out very long.

I doubt Subaru will rest on its laurels. I suspect there will be a bump in power plus a 6 speed for 2007. Those who jump ship well then get a heavy dose of buyers remorse.

No it's not a "three year old car". The current iteration of the LGT/2.5i came out in the 2005 model year. The 2006 model year (which just began) is only the second year for the model.

No it's not a "three year old car". The current iteration of the LGT/2.5i came out in the 2005 model year. The 2006 model year (which just began) is only the second year for the model.

+1, the Legacy USDM powertrain combo 2.5L + VF40 is totally new.

I keed I keeed

But what about Japan? It was in Japan in 2003

I'm stating that the Legacy GT is its own car. It's very easy to make something better than something else once the target is sitting still. That's what Mazda has done. Now that the MS6 is out...It's Subaru's turn in the game of chess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But what about Japan? It was in Japan in 2003

I'm stating that the Legacy GT is its own car. It's very easy to make something better than something else once the target is sitting still. That's what Mazda has done. Now that the MS6 is out...It's Subaru's turn in the game of chess.

it was in japan with a 2 liter engine and twin scroll turbo setup.

Well mazda took their sweet time to release this car and even still it seems that it was rushed due to all the problems that it is having. Must be frustrating for those that took the plunge. I am happy with my choice and if I had to do it again I would buy the Legacy over the Mazda without hesitation.

Well mazda took their sweet time to release this car and even still it seems that it was rushed due to all the problems that it is having. Must be frustrating for those that took the plunge. I am happy with my choice and if I had to do it again I would buy the Legacy over the Mazda without hesitation.

Hahaha. Teh ironing.

I keed I keeed

it was in japan with a 2 liter engine and twin scroll turbo setup.

I 100% understand and knew that. Regardless of implementation, the 2.5l setup was designed at the inception of the vehicle.

The MS6 was designed in recent times with the LGT in mind. Subaru didn't have any other FI performance cars in the same class to bounce off of at the time it created the Legacy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I 100% understand and knew that. Regardless of implementation, the 2.5l setup was designed at the inception of the vehicle.

The MS6 was designed in recent times with the LGT in mind. Subaru didn't have any other FI performance cars in the same class to bounce off of at the time it created the Legacy.

out of curiousity, does anyone here know how long the 2.5liter engine has been around in subaru's line up? It's at least as old as the STi...

I was under the impression that the 2.3 in the MS6 is entirely new.. sharely only a handful of bolts and screws with mazda's regular 2.3.

out of curiousity, does anyone here know how long the 2.5liter engine has been around in subaru's line up? It's at least as old as the STi...

Even though the 2.5 Turbo engine is as old as the STi, the 2.5L + VF40 combo is new and the most challenging thing is tuning it, which is why we're getting hesitation/stuttering issue because this is a new combo.

I keed I keeed

Archived