LegacyGT.com

LGT vs MS6 - The 'Video Experience'

Bah! I stand firm that the MS6 will beat out the LGT performance-wise. And if I hear any bitching about "but if you put real tires on the LGT" I will reach through my computer and punch you. :icon_evil:icon_bigg Stock versus stock.

-B

I'd take that. Heatsoak alone will kill the MS6 in 5min.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Softer US suspension specs and crappy tires will kill the LGT in the handling department when it comes to numbers versus the MS6. Repeated runs might kill it in acceleration, but I don't think it will happen for mag published specs. The MS6 will have better numbers in the US market versus a stock LGT.

I just put aside an old toothbrush just in case...

-B

Softer US suspension specs and crappy tires will kill the LGT in the handling department when it comes to numbers versus the MS6. Repeated runs might kill it in acceleration, but I don't think it will happen for mag published specs. The MS6 will have better numbers in the US market versus a stock LGT.

I just put aside an old toothbrush just in case...

-B

I would have agreed with you a couple of months ago--- but the more first hand experiences I read on the MS6 -- The more on-par i think it is with the Legacy. I havent really read any thing that points to it excelling over the legacy in any particular area.

I test drove it....wasn't that impressed with the handling over the LGT, felt the AWD system was nothing to sneeze at, and I could feel the heatsoak in December. Good luck with it in July. :lol:

If your gonna leave the car stock than the MS6 is a good option. If you have plans to Mod at all than your wasting your money.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved these comparative statement:

..."the Mazda's ride is really firm and it's pretty bouncy...you feel like you're sitting on this car, not really in it...."

..."and while it doesn't have electronic stability, the center of gravity in the Subaru just feels like its a few centimeters BELOW the bitumen."

These guys definitely liked the Liberty over the MPS for a lot of the qualitative reasons that we would find if we did our own side-by-side comparos of the USDM products

And their final comments..."you've got to live with these cars all week long... the Subaru is quieter, more comfortable, ultimately quicker, and just more forgiving."

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

One entry found for bitumen.

Main Entry: bi·tu·men http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif

Pronunciation: b&-'tyü-m&n, bI-, -'tü-, esp British also 'bit-y&-

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English bithumen mineral pitch, from Latin bitumin-, bitumen

1 : an asphalt of Asia Minor used in ancient times as a cement and mortar

2 : any of various mixtures of hydrocarbons (as tar) often together with their nonmetallic derivatives that occur naturally or are obtained as residues after heat-refining natural substances (as petroleum); specifically : such a mixture soluble in carbon disulfide

So I think what he means by saying the Cg is a few centimeters BELOW the bitumen is that the car feels so stable that the Cg is below the road surface (asphalt). That's a very powerful statement in terms of stability and control from an automotive expert.

So I think what he means by saying the Cg is a few centimeters BELOW the bitumen is that the car feels so stable that the Cg is below the road surface (asphalt). That's a very powerful statement in terms of stability and control from an automotive expert.

Which is exactly how I interpreted his comments and why I included them in the quotes above. I just presumed everyone knew that bitumen was Aussie/Brit-speak for asphalt...sorry.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

i thought motor trend did do a test between ms6 and LGT spec b unless i misunderstood what you guys were saying...heres a link

http://www.mazda3forums.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4285&fullsize=1

motor trend did do a test, but what that has to do with your link for another site's posting of road & track "speed" magazine test results, i don't know?

sorry if this was brought up before...the new C&D tested the MS6 vs. the VW GLI (1st...go figure?), the TSX (3rd), the GTP, Accord V6....MS6 got 4th place. Although as expected the MS6 was the fastest (5.4....14.0 99 mph)

Found this interesting....weight distribution...59% front 41% rear for the MS6. I believe the Legacy is 56% front 44% rear. Nice to see there is yet another thing in our win column.

• 2 months later...
very nice find. so would the USDM 2.5T motor be badged a 'wicked device' as well?

i love my gt wagon, but i also like the looks of the mazda 6. its bulging hood is very sexy in person.

i can't wait for the new Mazdaspeed 3... if the drivetrain remains the same as in MPS6, it could be a worthy STI/EVO contender! go FMC :icon_wink

I really wish Mazda had a MazdaSpeed Wagon to compete with ours, maybe SoA would bring back the 5MT or maybe a 6MT to the Wagon in the future!!!

hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived