LegacyGT.com

Anyone with Nokian WRs?

voyetra8

I just got my WRs mounted last Thursday and didn't even think to look for the info button (I had actually fogotten that these tires had it). Sure enough, it's not there. My wife is getting the same tires on her car from the same place today so she's going to make sure that she gets them and find out why I didn't (and hopefully get them for me).

Chris

I just got my WRs mounted last Thursday and didn't even think to look for the info button (I had actually fogotten that these tires had it). Sure enough, it's not there. My wife is getting the same tires on her car from the same place today so she's going to make sure that she gets them and find out why I didn't (and hopefully get them for me).

Chris

Where did you get yours from?

I might email Nokian and ask what the deal is.

My understanding is that you use the info button to record where the tire is located on the car, so that when you take them off, you have a record of where they were before. This makes sense for snow and summer tires- basically anything you take on and off.

It changes color to indicate freezing temperatures- although I see very little usefulness for it....

Where did you get yours from?

I actually got mine from a local shop here in Boulder, CO (Barnsley Tire). They in turn got the tires from a Nokian distributer in Denver. It turns out that they never receive their tires with the info button on them and hadn't even heard of it until I mentioned it. They called the distributer in Denver who said that they would send up a box of them. Apparently, they never send them out to any of the tire dealers unless they ask for it. Very weird. I'm going to go by the local shop later this week and pick some up for my car and my wife's.

Chris

Thank you for contacting Nokian Tyres. We appreciate your

business. The InfoPins are not installed at the Nokian factory. The

InfoPins should have come from the internet tire dealer so you "pop"

them in after the tires are installed. Please contact the internet

dealer for the InfoPins. If the company is not able to ship you the

InfoPins, please let me know. I will need to see a copy of your invoice

(fax or via e-mail)for our records before I can ship you the InfoPins.

Thank you again for your business and please contact me with any more

questions.

Best Regards,

Chip Jones

Nokian Tyres

339 Mason Road

LaVergne, TN 37086

Toll-Free: 800-565-2525

Ph: 615-287-0600

Fax: 615-287-0610

Archived