LegacyGT.com

New to me 2012 Legacy with 200,000 miles

Hey guys, first time posting on any forums so bear with me. I just bought a 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5 naturally aspirated with 200,000 miles (322,000 km) and was wondering what maintenance I should start off with doing? 

Previous owner is a good friend of mine that found a great deal on a Mustang so he sold it to me for $1500 with all rotors, brakes and tires being replaced less than 1k miles ago. He kept up with strict regular maintenance since he bought it brand new. He says it has never had any engine related problems or CEL but his gf got hit on the right side and messed up the bumper and fender. He replaced the RF Wheel hub but the LR now also needs replacement, I am going to replace the 3 that haven't been replaced yet to avoid future problems. 

My main question is, would it be a good idea to go ahead and rebuild the heads before there is a problem? and what brand gaskets do you guys prefer to use? I come from Honda's and used DNJ mostly and found they make kits for this motor as well. I am going to be getting a timing belt and water pump kit with the 3 hubs just to make sure things are good

I do plan on selling this car after repairs and I've found that parts can be fairly inexpensive so I am not opposed to replacing more than needed 

Thank any and everybody in advance

Have a good day/night - Tucker

if you don't have leaky head gaskets, don't touch em.  do the timing belt and hubs, replace cosmetics if you'd like, make sure all fluids are up to date, inspect for any faults (ball joints, tie rod ends, blown struts etc) and ship 'er out the door.  you'll never get the time/money investment back from doing the head gaskets on a 10 year old 200k mile car

• Like 1