LegacyGT.com

4th Gen 3.0 R Spec B Query

Hi Folks,

Thanks for having me, I figured this is a good source of knowledge as cars like mine are getting pretty rare - I am learning all the time even though I have this car over 7 years now

My question is two fold, the fuel trim and the timing advance.

On idle the Bank 2 seems to be overly rich, a few people said its ok - indeed I saw some rom data from a a similar car as mine that had the same rich condition at idle - it looks to be the nature of the engine?

The second point is I see some glitch in the timing, Is this normal? nominally it should be approx 15 Degrees at idle but this drops to 7 Degrees at times.

I have the Free SSM tool so can get data if its any use to assist?  car runs fine, no codes etc - I am just sticking my nose into places it really should not go.

Cheers / 

ericmcn.jpg

Edited by EricMcN

less than 5 negative or positive is ideal on the fuel trims, upwards of 10 is okay and really nothing to worry about, 15+ is like... okay, something isn't quite right, 25 you get a check engine light. 

Since you say the vehicle runs fine and not producing any DTC's, it's fine so don't worry about it ya heckin hypochondriac! Ever since I got a Fitbit I've been thinking I'm probably dying, sometimes we don't need to see the data ya know?

Edited by silverton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1