LegacyGT.com

Driver Monitor System

So after a few annoying warnings I decided to turn off the Driver Monitor System on my 2023 Sport and see how it goes. It stayed off for about 2 weeks straight and then all of a sudden it will now always come on when the car starts. I turn it off and the next start its back on. Anyone else have this issue?

2 hours ago, oxygene said:

So after a few annoying warnings I decided to turn off the Driver Monitor System on my 2023 Sport and see how it goes. It stayed off for about 2 weeks straight and then all of a sudden it will now always come on when the car starts. I turn it off and the next start its back on. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm not sure how it stayed off for 2 weeks because everything I've read says it is supposed to be enabled every time you start the car.

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

There is no way to permanently disable the system.  You are "lucky" it stayed off for 2 weeks.  Some owners have stated that if they start the car remotely via Starlink only the system stays off longer.  Sometimes the system comes back on while the car is driving, sometimes it is at a restart. 

Mine has only stayed off a day or two. I normally turn it off myself on sunny days because I wear fit-over sunglasses over my prescription glasses and the system can’t handle the 2 sets of lens disabling itself with 5 minutes or so. It also can’t handle my wearing a cap in the car as it will again disable itself in a few minutes. So I just usually turn it off right after turning off the stop/start system. 

• 2 weeks later...