LegacyGT.com

Outside the box bike rack ideas!

Well, it’s been 4 years ago when I got my Soob. She does not have a luggage rack and I dealt with it. She does car camping really well. I was still missing out on my mountain bike exploits.  I did not want to pull the trigger on any of the car top racks. That is when I found this little gem. https://www.seasucker.com/collections/best-selling-products/products/talon

I have zero affiliation with this company.

I have had zero issues with it and it remains bullet proof so far. I have had the bike atop my car for 4 hours at 75 mph several times and I have had zero issues. The tech is solid, and these are pneumatic. I wanted to pass this along incase anyone else was looking for some ideas!

Be well,

Sonder

image.thumb.jpeg.d92c72ecf2b85f77c7b29d458b3479dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.af0d214bf007db1c9aaac531c49a06fe.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.85f463e859145c5a5a58fb92ebd90792.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Good point and I get your apprehension.  The roof is rigid enough to hold the mount where I have it. I take water out of my hydration reservoir and we the surface area of the suction cups. This makes a perfect seal between the metal and the suction cup.

There is a video out there of a guy in a high-end car testing a different model going over 180 mph. I believe in Utah and he has zero issues. The one suction cup on the rear tire moved with the metal and again I have never had an issue. I have driven from Ohio to Maine and all over the Great Lakes with zero issues.

Now mind you the placement of this model is on the glass which is very rigid and then onto the roof. I would not want it only on the roof because the roof while structurally sound is not as rigid as glass.

I continue to have no deformation of the metal on the happy Soob!

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H1sbJ4uefM

and another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMefGg7bco

Edited by Sonder
  • Thanks 1

Nice!  Looks gtg!

I dont bike, I wonder how this would work mounting up a small roof box for the occasional long trip with family?

EDIT:

Posted before I watched the vids...past 150mph with a roofbox, dang!  Impressive!

Edited by Scubaboo
  • Thanks 1

Go to the Seasucker website and look at the first video I attached of the guy going over 160 mph  lol pretty nuts I know they carry alot of different things. I know also their customer service will answer all questions.

Will check them out!

Took a cursory look already and looking at the Lambo vid, I think he has the monkey bars and a conventional box attached to them.

I saw a vid of them being tested on a WRC car too, that was cool!

• Like 1

Yes, possible but no matter what they are top notch.  I have seen them around but on one or two different vehicles.  

I'm glad you like them.  

Not 100 % sure but I believe they carry a vast array of attachment parts to other boxes n roof top cargo holders 

Edited by Sonder
  • Like 1