LegacyGT.com

Driver's side HVAC blend door actuator - R/R without pulling the whole dash?

Do you have the automatic climate control or the manual?

If yours is automatic, the drivers side actuator only controls the air mix (hot/cold) on that side. There is a second air mix servo on the passenger side. If by "All my vents" you mean just the drivers side while the passenger side works normally, then it's probably the actuator. If both the drivers and passengers sides are blowing only hot air, and both will switch vent modes normally, it could be that both actuators failed at the same time, but that is unlikely and there is probably another reason, such as leaked refrigerant or your AC pump failed which is common on this platform.

With regard to replacement without removing the instrument cluster, yes it is possible but you will probably at least have to unscrew it and rotate it out of the way so that your arm can pass through the opening, as the cubby hole opening is probably too tight to get in there and also successfully unscrew the top bracket screw on the actuator.

Edited by buppus

1 hour ago, buppus said:

Do you have the automatic climate control or the manual?

If yours is automatic, the drivers side actuator only controls the air mix (hot/cold) on that side. There is a second air mix servo on the passenger side. If by "All my vents" you mean just the drivers side while the passenger side works normally, then it's probably the actuator. If both the drivers and passengers sides are blowing only hot air, and both will switch vent modes normally, it could be that both actuators failed at the same time, but that is unlikely and there is probably another reason, such as leaked refrigerant or your AC pump failed which is common on this platform.

With regard to replacement without removing the instrument cluster, yes it is possible but you will probably at least have to unscrew it and rotate it out of the way so that your arm can pass through the opening, as the cubby hole opening is probably too tight to get in there and also successfully unscrew the top bracket screw on the actuator.

My AC cluster has a button that says Auto on it but I can also manually adjust the driver and passenger side separately so not sure if that means I have auto. I mean every vent in the car blows only hot air regardless of the temperature set. Yes, all of the vents switch modes normally. Hmmm ok, I will have someone check into the AC pump failure. I have an appointment scheduled at the stealership in a few days and they're telling me there is a $180 fee just to diagnose what issue it is. 9 months ago I got all the refrigerant recharged so I doubt that is the issue. 

Edited by hateitorloveit

2 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Are you able to change modes? Ie, can you switch from defrost to vents to feet? Mine has been doing that and recently, my driver side actuator went out. I cannot switch between the different modes. If yours is only blowing out hot air. It’s probably one of the ones on the passenger side. 

yeah it's only blowing hot air and the mode switching works fine.