LegacyGT.com

Stolen bumper bar sensor? Please help

New to this forum, looking on advice on getting a replacement part for my gen5 Legacy GT Wagon. It is the RHS "collision sensor in the front bumper", as I have currently been informed. Very annoying, as I have only driven it to the supermarket market the other day only to find the painted plastic cover and the other piece that connects it GONE! Has someone pinched it off me? I tried opening the LHS one which was rather easy but very hard to pull off, let alone the plastic connector in-between which has also disappeared! Any help would be great, especially on scouring parts. Also any additional advice on what these sensors do? As I can only assume from my google research are collision sensors for air bags.

Many thanks to anyone who can give me any advise. Cheers!

LHS bumper sensor.jpg

RHS bumper sensor.jpg

Edited by PeteGT

Ahh cheers mate! To my very quick research you are correct! You are a savior, don't wont my baby looking like are wreck. I had no idea there was even such a thing. Probably someone took theirs and now they took mine. I doubt one simply flew off washing my windscreen at 68MP, which is highest hwy speed here in oz. Now to find a replacement... 

• Like 1

"they're headlight sprayers", "flew off washing my windscreen at 68MP". Sorry, yes I meant headlight sprayers** (pls forgive me spent 24 hours in ER with blood clots, some meds still in me). I found some cheapo ones on AliExpress, however not painted etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002594414566.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!AUD!AU%24 19.74!AU%24 16.25!!!!!%402101c72a16806937736423825e84c1!12000021312003437!btf&_t=pvid:f0a6d13b-bf65-4c12-9cfd-3d3fd09aa641&afTraceInfo=1005002594414566__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1680693773&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct

The paint would cost more for sure, but then again I have 2 tiny patches of rust to prep and recoat anyways.

Any thoughts of cheap online plastic replacement parts that you would need to paint?, kinda new to this. But just gotta say this is an awesome community. 👍 for all the help and support! If I do a clutch replacement also rather soon I'll post a terse post with my beginner experience and lessons learnt with pics. Cheers Again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverton said:

just leave em black, it'll give the car some character

That's a thought😆, I'll see how they look. Dupli-Color Graphite Touch-Up spray paint should do the trick if need be, only 18 buks a can

• Like 1