LegacyGT.com

swapped my legacy with a 20x i have videos of it purrin with no hesitation or misfire but this was without the intercooler on we just wanted to start it 

we installed the intercooler but forgot to attach the bov vaccum hose took jt for a drive the temperature shot up and got hot 

now it idles w hesitation and when it does idle the temp stays in the middle we have not drove it since we attached the vaccum hose line but now it has a weird hesitation in the idle i need help im lost kinda desperate facebook mechanics see to look at my stuff and not help 

Reset the ecm.  Depending on how hard you drove it with the vac leak could be related or not.  

Usdm ecm?  No tune? Oil ports on exhaust cams blocked? Non avcs gears on exhaust cams?  Using usdm or jdm injectors? 

Any data or logging? Compression/leak down done prior to installing engine?

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Reset the ecm.  Depending on how hard you drove it with the vac leak could be related or not.  

Usdm ecm?  No tune? Oil ports on exhaust cams blocked? Non avcs gears on exhaust cams?  Using usdm or jdm injectors? 

Any data or logging? Compression/leak down done prior to installing engine?

people keep saying vaccum leak when it idles with this intercooler on it hesitates but at before we had it off with no intercooler it was fine

4 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

Dang you did what so many do, the dreaded EJ2X swap, always a problem. I have seen the shop that did my car do a JDM EJ207 swap and it was MINT, but it cost and no problem, I thought about that, but naw. Good luck man.

its actually not bad i had a mechanic whos not qualified on subies do it my buddy has his swapped and its going on 6 yrs no problems people don't understand its a small problem thats fixable hell i prob didnt attach the intercooler on right if only i can attach the vids im sure someone could diagnose it 

4 minutes ago, m sprank said:

As you answered none of the relevant questions I posed concerning the swap (more than one way to do it) and you apperently did not check engine health pre-install I can not assist.  

usdm intake no tun avcs unplugged motor was healthy before installing after installation it idled healthy we did this for an hour 

couldn't drive it cause obviously we needed a intercooler so i installed it then now idles rough and hesitates and i dont wanna drive it and then temp spike up

Avcs unplugged but did you seal the cam oil ports? Usdm injectors or the jdm that came with the engine?  

Temp spike could be water pump/coolant flow related. If pump siezing it would add parasitic drag and resistance. Temp spike could be lean condition combined with excessive advanced timing. 

All these things effect how the car drives. You can make a car idle like a purring kitten but not be driveable. No load at idle.  

Reading posts like this purturb me.  So let me be blunt. If you did not seal the exhaust cam oil ports but just disconnected the avcs and left the avcs gears intact the exhaust cams have defaulted to full advance (over advanced). At the same time the exhaust cam forward journal is oil starved.  If you did not use the usdm injectors the jdm are quiet a bit smaller so you were running scary lean. 

So you ran the car at idle for 1 hour with no intercooler. So no intake, filter and maf. The entire time possibly oil starving the cam journals and stupid lean. And you expected a positive outcome? 

If this is what you did, you dorked the engine. Buy another and keep trashing them.  

7 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Avcs unplugged but did you seal the cam oil ports? Usdm injectors or the jdm that came with the engine?  

Temp spike could be water pump/coolant flow related. If pump siezing it would add parasitic drag and resistance. Temp spike could be lean condition combined with excessive advanced timing. 

All these things effect how the car drives. You can make a car idle like a purring kitten but not be driveable. No load at idle.  

usdm injectors the oil ports no idea what he did w that but 

i feel like im not getting my info rt when my mechanic started it w no intercooler it idled fine then i cam along put my intercooler on drove it with bov vaccum connected temps rised parked it then now it idles funny and has a very small miss 

2 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Reading posts like this purturb me.  So let me be blunt. If you did not seal the exhaust cam oil ports but just disconnected the avcs and left the avcs gears intact the exhaust cams have defaulted to full advance (over advanced). At the same time the exhaust cam forward journal is oil starved.  If you did not use the usdm injectors the jdm are quiet a bit smaller so you were running scary lean. 

So you ran the car at idle for 1 hour with no intercooler. So no intake, filter and maf. The entire time possibly oil starving the cam journals and stupid lean. And you expected a positive outcome? 

If this is what you did, you dorked the engine. Buy another and keep trashing them.  

i didnt do this go after my mechanic it had a startup warranty he had to start it started it and then let it run idle w maf plugged everything was there just idled w no intercooler 

How did you plumb out of the turbo and into the throttle body with no intercooler? How was the maf reading air flow?  How was the air filter attached.

If the oil ports on the camshaft end were not drillled, tapped and plugged your mechanic does not know what they are doing and the engine should never have been started. 

8 minutes ago, m sprank said:

i wish i can add a video of it idling so you can hear it

2 minutes ago, m sprank said:

How did you plumb out of the turbo and into the throttle body with no intercooler? How was the maf reading air flow?  How was the air filter attached.

If the oil ports on the camshaft end were not drillled, tapped and plugged your mechanic does not know what they are doing and the engine should never have been started. 

he let it idle its not like he revved it aur flow was good on it too

Still avoiding answering the questions asked.  Either reading comprehension is not your strong point or you dont want help. Vids dont help.  Answers to questions posed and data from a logger is needed.  If your mechanic was not pulling data and logging then you have no idea what was happening so no one can be sure. We NEVER started an engine build at my shop without logging all data.  

Maybe reddit or FB or utube can continue ro pull your chain and guide you down a path of destruction.  Sounds like everything was done wrong, you have no clue and it wont get fixed soon.  

• Like 2