LegacyGT.com

new struts

If you can find someone local to help you out, you can get Monroe fully assembled spring/strut/bearing assemblies from Rockauto pretty cheap - about $450 shipped for all 4 units, then it's remove the old and install the new (you will need to get an alignment afterwards since the Legacy uses camber bolts on the front.  Given the age, you'll almost certainly want to replace the strut tops/bearings.

CaptureA.JPG

Edited by DrD123

I know of no shop that will install your supplied parts for that type of work.  Shops dont make enough on labor alone to keep the doors open.  They also do not want to warranty their labor for your parts.  If you are not going to allow them to make a profit and sell you the parts that they then warranty you will probably be told to pound sand.   

You might find a "mobile mechanic" to do the work.  I dont know if I would trust some of them, but...  it is not a difficult job.  There are a ton of "shade tree" mechanics in my area that would take that job.  But they might also charge you $75 per corner.  Your estimate might include an alignment and you will need to have one done after the work.  You can check around for a trusted "side job" mechanic and compare price to a "Menieke".  Just dont forget the alignment and any warranty that a shop would provide. I would hate to see someone try to save $100-$200 and end up with a bad strut needing to pay for labor and and alignment again.  

If you are in the Balt/DC area I can help.  Otherwise, good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Just dont forget the alignment and any warranty that a shop would provide. I would hate to see someone try to save $100-$200 and end up with a bad strut needing to pay for labor and and alignment again. 

penny wise and pound foolish!

• Thanks 1