LegacyGT.com

Fuse identification (2017 Impreza)

It would help to know the model year and trim level of your Legacy.

Your fuse block appears to be mislabeled for a 2015-2019 Legacy/Outback... or at least it doesn't match the Factory Service Manual.

FWIW, PU = Purge Solenoid (?), and B/UP = Backup Light (?). Neither abbreviation appears in the glossary of acronyms in the FSM.

Edit: According to the 2015 Legacy/Outback FSM, that fuse is "No. 16" in the main fuse block, which is rated at 7.5 amps, is always hot, and feeds circuit "M-45." Circuit M-45 powers the battery sensor (mounted at the negative battery post) and provides keep-alive power (a.k.a. dark current) to both the ECM and TCM.

• Like 1

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I apologize on the type of car I know this is a legacy website and I have an Impreza I was just hoping they were the same for 2017 but this is perfect and gives me the information I needed. Thank you.

• ammcinnis changed the title to Fuse identification (2017 Impreza)

You're welcome here, and you'll find that most people are generous about sharing their Subaru knowledge, but in the future ... PLEASE! ... make clear the year, model, and trim level of your vehicle. It's bad enough navigating the differences among the various Legacy/Outback years and trim levels, but you absolutely cannot assume anything about parts or wiring commonality between different model lines. (That said, the Legacy and Outback are exceptions. For any given model year they are virtually the same vehicle, except for the body aft of the B-pillar and some major suspension details.)

It is highly unlikely that anything posted above applies to your 2017 Impreza, which is based on a totally different chassis platform than the Legacy/Outback. I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum and edited the title in an attempt to clarify the situation.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png