LegacyGT.com

Need new catback for 2.5i Premium

Looks like my catback fell off today at a stop light. I threw it in my car and went home. Is it still usable to put back on, or does it need brackets? Is it worth any scrap metal value if I can't put it back on?

Since I have a single muffler exhaust since it's a 2.5i Premium, can a dual muffler setup be put on, or would the sizes not be right for the hookup near the cat?

If not, should I just get the standard $200 cat back from RockAuto? I posted a screen shot.

20230228_165126.jpg

20230228_165133.jpg

Screenshot_20230228_173546_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230228_174105_Chrome.jpg

Edited by computersoc

Looks like the rubber hanger on the muffler just tore, probably from being overstressed by not having any others. It's not very rusty so I would keep that exhaust and just put a new/stronger hanger on it. If you want to make it last, you can re-weld the metal hook where it looks like there used to be one in the middle.

You only have one bumper cut out so a dual exit exhaust would cause more problems than its worth.

So at the stop light I hit the gas and heard it fall off right there and immediately pulled into a gas station at the intersection. The section came off first that is on my passenger side floor in the picture. I used a knife to cut the rubber holder from the muffler itself that is pictured in my rear driver side seat. The picture that shows a broken mount is my biggest concern, because I don't know how that mount would get repaired, or even what it was holding onto?

Edited by computersoc

That looks very serviceable from the pics and any competent muffler shop should be able to sort that out.

From the diagram and looking at the pic, that rusted out section is probably a hanger, and usualy just round bar that is an easy weld on.