LegacyGT.com

How do I adjust the miles to empty?

I would assume that adjusting the average fuel economy correction would do it, but I don't know for sure.  (it is never going to measure how much is in the tank beyond what the level switch tells it - once you get about to empty, even the level switch isn't going to be particularly reliable...

For my car, I record fill-ups and miles per gallon of the display vs. actual and after 250 or so tanks of gas, I average +4.9% (display reads 4.9% higher than average, with a standard deviation of 2.4, so it generally is off by 3 to 7%, but some of that error is probably due to my calculation being based on how much gas I add when I fill up, which will very from station to station a little, I bet)

Edited by DrD123

also be mindful that miles to empty is based on some sort of average consumption rate, which can vary quite a bit from instantaneous consumption rate if the average is based on a bunch of highway miles, and you are now driving around the city...  (I have no idea if it uses an overall average or has a rolling average of a particular time period)

30 miles remaining is basically a gallon left and absolutely no way for DTE to be accurate.  I'm sure the low fuel level light was on and had been on, this was definitely driver error putting too much trust in a convenience feature. Sorry you got left stranded but this isn't the cars fault.

That being said, my DTE seems to go off the last tank.  If it was all freeway driving my DTE is over 300. if I did my usual 4 mile round trip work commute the whole tank, it'll show less than 200. My average MPG displayed has been exactly +1 of actual each tank I've put in my car.