LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy Value Appraisal (VERY LOW MILES)

Hey Subie Guys and Gals! Been a few years since I used this Site lol

Reason for posting is I have a very low mile 4th gen legacy I'm looking to sell and want to get as much as possible to use it on a down-payment for a 2024 Impreza 2.5RS.🤞

It was my late grandmother's vehicle. Always garaged and serviced by Subaru. Here are the specs:

2008 Legacy Sedan Limited 2.5i

Auto

32,XXX miles

Newport blue (no accidents or scratches)

Tan cloth interior (no stains)

No rust anywhere (factory grease and plastic look brand new)

Brakes are like new

5 spoke mag-style aluminum wheels

New Tires Firestone Firehawk A/S because the old ones dry rotted

Sunroof

No spoiler

Any advice on where to list it and how much to ask would be very worthwhile. Can't find any on FB with less than 100k and cant find any online with less than 60k (and they were asking like 12 grand!? Is that even realistic!?)

Again, yall are the experts so any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BGarff

It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.  Someone that know nothing about these cars that is looking for something NA with low miles in automatic might come buy it for whatever your asking price ends up being.   But it's still just a 15yr old NA automatic legacy abet with very low miles.  So not the most sought after car. I would say price it at 15k and if some comes and even offers you 8-10k take it and run. As a trade in a dealer would probably offer you 2-4k based on the mileage, and I could be wrong but bluebook value probably has it around 6-7k give or take.   But hey I could be way off base. 

• Like 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

The problem with an old Subaru of the dreaded era of head gasket failures is that they're basically all worthless to a point unless they've already had the heads done. I'd recommend listing it on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace at 12 grand and seeing what someone will pay for it. This is assuming it has zero rust.

• Like 2

I know it's a 2008 with low miles, but I think you guys are pricing it very high. It's just a 2.5i.

Was the timing belt ever replaced at 10 years old ? 

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

12 minutes ago, Max Capacity said:

I know it's a 2008 with low miles, but I think you guys are pricing it very high. It's just a 2.5i.

Was the timing belt ever replaced at 10 years old ? 

Here in Oregon it would sell for 12K without trouble. No rust to see here!

• Like 1