LegacyGT.com

2004 Legacy 35th radio options

Hello stock OEM 86201AE27B radio that has no output to front speakers and sometimes only one rear speaker.    Cleaned and checked all rear of radio connection's many times over.   Looking for a clean install choice and yes, I want to have a CD player.    Thanks for any help.

OEM 86201AE27B.jpg

Rear.jpg

Have you checked the outs on the head unit to isolate the problem to the unit? What about continuity to each of the speakers to confirm the wiring to the speakers is good? 

I have an 01 single disk head unit with a CD and tape deck that I could part with if you are looking to stay with OEM parts. the other option is to go aftermarket. 

The speakers all would individually work intermittently for the longest time which makes me believe it's internal in the radio.   Wish I had a wiring diagram showing which wire colors went to the speakers.  I could possibly be interest in your radio and can't believe any aftermarket would be a direct or even a good fit.

I have a aftermarket pioneer headunit in my car works just fine. Used a adapter plug to make it all work no problem. dont want to clog this one up but if you go look at my thread you can see what it looks like in the wood grain dash. 

Wiring diagrams for the radio for 04 attached. 

1. WIRING SYSTEM WO Machintosh.pdf

• Like 1

Yup thats the parts list i currently ahve on the car, the head unit has been in 4 cars now i think? started in my 89 crown vic in college, my brothers toyota for a while, and then the last two legacy's ive had. its getting up there in age but still has great sound and usb input from the phone that works. at somepoint ill upgrade to a newer unit with apple play. 

part number for the deck i have is a Pioneer double din deck, custom pigtail made from oem/spare parts laying around (p/n AVH-P14000DVD ) at 190k

I might guess from your description that the pins in the radio connector have failed solder.  Might not hurt to take the cover off and check/reflow them if you are able.  If by some small chance you are close-ish to Prescott, AZ I could help out with that.