LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0R Experience

Hey guys, It's been 2 years owning my Deep Bronze Metallic 2008 Legacy 3.0R. Even though I've had some problems, I still absolutely LOVE this car. I must say, I wish there were more of these out on the road! Just hit 153k miles a few days ago. Here are the goodies I've put on it along the way:

- Bilstein B8s (OEM Bilsteins were toast)

- Retrofitted backup camera to OEM navigation unit via Molex plug

- Tanabe NF210 front lowering springs

- H&R rear lowering springs (yes, same height as the front ones)

- Nameless axle back exhaust 

- JDM Spec B front grill

- JDM Outback Momo wood steering wheel

- Whiteline sway bar end links (front and rear) 

- Whiteline 20mm rear sway bar (bigger front sway bar coming soon) 

- Dash Cover (my sticky dash has seen better days)

Here's my repair list. Vast majority were performed when I bought the car:

- ECU just replaced 2 weeks ago. Cylinder #1 misfire due to no injector pulse. Runs MUCH better now

- OEM steering rack (full assembly) 

- OEM rear wheel bearings 

- OEM power steering pump

- Front right (inner and outer) CV boots

- Oil cooler gasket

- Left side valve cover gasket

- PCV valve

- Spark plugs

- Cleaned out clogged HVAC drain hose by front passenger compartment

For any other BL owners out there (and 3.0Rs), feel free to share your experience! The car itself has been great otherwise, no leaks whatsoever (hopefully the timing cover keeps holding up!). I also hope this was helpful to anybody looking for a 3.0R!

A79B6A13-089E-4FF5-9C03-4BB0BC478B6B.JPG

3990E350-D3F6-4C98-99C3-7E44E4AAA29E.JPG

21 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Looks good! Like the WRX wheels on it. I’d be curious to see how the H6 feels in this chassis. The Tribeca used to be fun in sport mode but it’s seen better days. Needs new plugs and some other work (just turned 156k miles). 

Thanks man! I've been searching for Tribecas from time to time...I do want one at some point for practicality reasons. Love those too! The chassis definitely feels more stout compared to the LGT but doesn't hinder the handling performance by much. Still tons of fun! 

Also, that was a brilliant guess on the rims because I forgot they look nearly identical to the 17 inch ones found on the Hawkeye WRXs. Lol! These are actually the stock 18 inch rims only found on Legacy 3.0Rs...only difference aside from the size are the sharper spokes. I do love these rims though, might find a 17 inch WRX set to run on winters, you gave me a great idea!

Haha thanks! I didn’t realize those only came on the Legacy 3.0Rs. I think you’d have to know those pretty well to discern them from WRX wheels lol. The Tribecas been a great car but it’s showing its age now….kinda bums me out, but I still love it. I’ve ust got too many cars that need too much time and work, i mean, love, lol. Would love to get the wife a new car and turn it into an off-roader. Kinda sucks thought cause there’s very  little aftermarket support for that platform. I will way for a suv it’s size it does handle pretty well!

• Like 1