LegacyGT.com

JB4 Tuner

• 4 months later...

I have one now on my '23 Sport, i run the basic Map 1 as of now, but plan on looking into a custom tune for my setup. there's definitely an increase in power right out of the box, but i've done a few mods so some of the settings need to be adjusted

On 5/24/2023 at 2:26 PM, dannygeorge17 said:

I have one now on my '23 Sport, i run the basic Map 1 as of now, but plan on looking into a custom tune for my setup. there's definitely an increase in power right out of the box, but i've done a few mods so some of the settings need to be adjusted

Any difference in acceleration response-wise? How much more power out of map 1?

There’s a very noticeable difference in acceleration and I’d say maybe 25-30 more horsepower. My only issue is I’m running the ETS intake, and it definitely needs more refined tuning, I’m thinking about just switching to the Perrin intake.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife has a JB4 on her S4.  Huge difference then stock.  However you need to realize this is similar to an Accessport.  It will provide more PSI to get you more boost.  That being said if car is under warranty I would watch it. You can set everything back to stock. But the dealer can see what PSI that turbo was running at if it pops.  Not to mention we won't even get into the CVT. To many New model WRXs in my area with the CVTs are having trans failures when modded.

As far as numbers you can call Berger Motorsports and ask them for HP/TQ numbers for your 7th gen. I believe her S4 is pulling 463 HP and right around 443/TQ I do not know what the boost numbers are in specific.

• Thanks 1