LegacyGT.com

Air Flap Help (proper installiation)

I have a RH rear airflap that I need help installing. It broke a while ago and I messed up installing the new one. I finally got around to getting another, and I just want to make sure I'm doing it right before I break this one as well. Part # 59123AG020

My question is: There is a little flap on the guard that looks like it gets tucked into the metal of the body of the car. It's like a little slit that could very well hold it in place. Is that correct? 

The last time I attempted it, the little plastic part on the airfoil snapped and I was kinda screwed. I tried to secure it anyways, but it was doomed. I know they're cheap enough, but I thought I'd ask anyways, thanks!

IMG_14088.pdf IMG_14066.PDF

Well, I figured it out. If anyone cares, you have to take the moulding clip off the rocker panel guard to get in between the guard and the body. Pull it apart a little and situate the air flap. It kinda locks in there. Finally, put the clip back in, and clip down the airflap. When I tired to sneak it in there the last time without taking the rocker clip off first, it snapped.

IMG_1413.pdf IMG_1414.pdf

• Like 2