LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy S402 WAGON!!!

SubieDriver

Those of you who are familiar with the Legacy S401 STi in japan will be thoroughly thrilled to see this picture of an S402 Legacy WAGON! Let the rumors begin:

2003 S401:

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/main/

200? S402:

http://www.apollo-pr.co.jp/variety/maker/sixstar/2005/vol4/

Translation of the headline:

S402 = Wagon Theory

Tim

Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn...

That car is HAWT. but I know I'll never so much as lay eyes on one. Japanese home-market only.

I want to build my interpretation of that car, and snag a pair of those badges from Japan, though... If only I had those spare tens of thousands of dollars laying around here... :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
sorry but your not the first ;)

they have more versions of the damn legacy than the entire us line up

Sorry but your spelling is off ;)

sorry but your not the first ;)

Yeah, I discovered that AFTER I posted. Sorry for the repost.

If we make enough stink over here with SOA, maybe they'll bring it to us.

If not, I suppose we'll have to be happy with the 6-speed GT we're getting in '07. If it's roughly equivalent to the Spec B, with a little more hp, I'll buy it. In fact, I'm saving my pennies already.

I won't post a link here, but over on NASIOC there are a couple of people who work at Subaru in Indiana, and they've seen the six-speed tranny in a Legacy already. Check in the News & Rumors section.

man i got shafted with the BE....how come we got the crapy dash and the nA engine instead of the turbo beast....thx for nothing SOA u panzees

Anyone know if a conversion can be done of powerplants from the S401...has anyone done it in the US?

• 1 year later...
Bump, i just read a japanese magazine article at the local asian bookstore about the new Legacy S402, apparently according to that piece, its not a turbo, but will have the 3.6L NA H6 engine. No mention of hp specs anywhere in that piece, but it mentions 3.6L contantly and shows a photo of the engine bay and the S402 badge, thats it. Can't find internet photos to confirm this tho.

Bump, i just read a japanese magazine article at the local asian bookstore about the new Legacy S402, apparently according to that piece, its not a turbo, but will have the 3.6L NA H6 engine. No mention of hp specs anywhere in that piece, but it mentions 3.6L contantly and shows a photo of the engine bay and the S402 badge, thats it. Can't find internet photos to confirm this tho.

Well, if they're using an NA 3.6, with higher compression pistons, they should easily be able to get 300 hp or more out of it.

A quick calculation:

Current 3.0: 250hp / 3 liters = 83.33 hp per liter.

3.6 * 83.33 = 300 hp, running on 91 octane.

Torque would be about 260.

The 2.5 turbo with Cobb AccessPort Stage II is around the same hp, but 80 more lb/ft of torque. I'd rather have the turbo.

no kidding.

S402 sans turbo???

It had better be pretty freakin cool. (it probably will be)...

I wonder how long it takes someone to put some low compression pistons, and possibly de-stroke it with straight connecting rods (rather than the long-stroke lamb-chop rods in the NA 3.6 engine) and put a turbo or two, or a supercharger on that engine.

THAT would be an S402. With the S204 drivetrain specs and DCCD, VDC, and AWD traction, outback-style fender flares lowered over meaty wheels and tires... and probably 400 horsepower... that sounds about right for the S402. Sedan AND wagon... and import to the US, and a winning lottery ticket for me please.

no kidding.

S402 sans turbo???

It had better be pretty freakin cool. (it probably will be)...

I wonder how long it takes someone to put some low compression pistons, and possibly de-stroke it with straight connecting rods (rather than the long-stroke lamb-chop rods in the NA 3.6 engine) and put a turbo or two, or a supercharger on that engine.

THAT would be an S402. With the S204 drivetrain specs and DCCD, VDC, and AWD traction, outback-style fender flares lowered over meaty wheels and tires... and probably 400 horsepower... that sounds about right for the S402. Sedan AND wagon... and import to the US, and a winning lottery ticket for me please.

I don't remember if it was here or Nabisco, but somebody posted a rumor recently of a 3.0 turbo for 2010 in the Legacy, from one of the tuner magazines. I'd definitely go for that!

A note on the lambchop rods. I saw a picture of them recently, and the rod itself is straight, but the connection face at the crank is rotated by about 20 or 30 degrees. I'm trying to find a picture, but can't find one yet. I'll post if it if I find it.

Archived