LegacyGT.com

N/A to turbo engine swap

Ok funny story

My dad wanted to turbo his N/a legacy 2006

He installed turbo to stock motor , then gave up trying to get the intercooler or A intercooler to fit  ,

He then purchased a plastic intake manifold turbo engine, the engine was from a auto and had no spark so he presumed that was the reason,

He then purchased another engine still complete,I did the installing and wire plugging in etc , Ha no spark

So doing something my dad should is research about it more.

I have since learned that you can not simpley engine swap these cars even tho the wire harness plug is the same,

So I have read 

- wire harness plug   prongs may/are in different locations and I possibly have de pin and relocate wires and connect some to ecu?

Idk I confuse myself sometimes hes literally made a mess of a good car.

The 2 wires in picture are turbo solenoid some1 cut them so I have to rejoin

Engine is from a 2008+ 

Hes car 2006 n/a legacy

Temperature gauge full hot, thermo fans on, no spark, no fuel out fuel line

Error hc

received_628345155661807.jpeg

Edited by Dale93
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear you learned the hard way what's been common knowledge here for many years.

Again Sorry, I'm trying to think of someone who may help. 

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

New ECU.  New wiring harness (iWire).  It can/has been done.  I do not want to get involved with one, again.  It is far less expensive and less of a headache to buy a used turbo car and go from there.  I supercharged a 2002 Forester for my tuner.  Just because we could.  Like getting a tattoo that reads "Regerts". 

Good luck to you sir.  Maybe Dad should ask questions before jumping off a cliff.

Edited by m sprank
  • Thanks 1