LegacyGT.com

Hey all, 

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've owned quite a few Subaru's and happy to try out my new MY23 Legacy Sport in Cosmic Blue. Car is currently at the dealership going through PDI so hopefully get it here in the next week or so. I just ordered 2018+ STI 19's for it which should really make it pop. 

About myself - I've owned 8+ Subaru's and race my 06 STI in SCCA Solo events. I'm a Quality Engineer for Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. where these cars are built. 

Photo's attached of the new ride before it shipped and my STI. 

Legacy.jpeg

STI.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice. 

I think the 23 Legacy Sport with the FA24 is a much better value than the 2023 WRX GT.  Does your Legacy have SI-Drive?  My 20 Touring XT does not, but I remembered the 2020 Sport did, but not the FA24.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laufu said:

Nice. 

I think the 23 Legacy Sport with the FA24 is a much better value than the 2023 WRX GT.  Does your Legacy have SI-Drive?  My 20 Touring XT does not, but I remembered the 2020 Sport did, but not the FA24.  

I would agree with you totally, only because the GT doesn't come with a manual. The fact the Sport now comes with a 2.4 I think its a game changer. It does have Si drive and heated steering wheel standard. 

18 hours ago, InfiniteLoop90 said:

I have a 2023 Touring XT on order but something I’ve wondered: Since the XT doesn’t have SI-Drive, is it correct to think of the XT as always being in “intelligent” mode?

The TCM is calibrated based on the specific vehicle spec. Even though our cars have the same engine and transmission, the TCM will either be a different part, or different calibrations. Its a same assumption, but its likely a mix between the two based on throttle input, load, etc. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cbidwell91 said:

The TCM is calibrated based on the specific vehicle spec. Even though our cars have the same engine and transmission, the TCM will either be a different part, or different calibrations. It’s a same assumption, but it’s likely a mix between the two based on throttle input, load, etc. 

Thanks for insight. Much appreciated!

And welcome (fellow new member) to the forums!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stuff said:

How do you like the Cosmic Blue Pearl as compared to last year's Abyss Blue Pearl?

Honestly the blue is the main reason why I decided to get the car. Its a new color that we are putting on the Ascent, Legacy and Outback and it looks so good. Its amazing how much it changes between the shade and sun. 

Good to know.  I haven't seen the new Cosmic in person but it seems Subaru is going in the right direction there.  I passed on the old Abyss Blue as it was too dull so went with the Magnetite Gray Metallic (still a bit boring).  From the brochure the 2023s also changed some interior colors.  One change I don't like is going from Sierra Tan Nappa Leather to Java Brown Nappa Leather for the touring.

Your black STI wheels do make a better look than the standard rims.  Congrats on the new ride.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stuff said:

Good to know.  I haven't seen the new Cosmic in person but it seems Subaru is going in the right direction there.  I passed on the old Abyss Blue as it was too dull so went with the Magnetite Gray Metallic (still a bit boring).  From the brochure the 2023s also changed some interior colors.  One change I don't like is going from Sierra Tan Nappa Leather to Java Brown Nappa Leather for the touring.

Your black STI wheels do make a better look than the standard rims.  Congrats on the new ride.

I think you'll like it. The color is super nice, imo. They tend to do a good job with nice earthy colors for their models, specifically their outdoorsy ones. I actually wasn't much of a fan of the Abyss Blue, so I think this was a nice change. 

The MY23 head units have been updated a bit and now offer wireless Apple CarPlay, which was a surprise. I didn't even know that was offered yet.