LegacyGT.com

will sti suspension work on an outback???

h8_2_be_slo

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like the height for getting in and out and for seeing in traffic, but I'd like to be able to lower it on the fly for cornering.

i know what you mean.

i was coming home one night and took a S turn a little to fast and thought the was gonna flip. guess it was the weight transfer from left to right. wasn't going too fast. have taken the turn faster on my wrx. taken it around 70 on the S turn, but on this one i barely at 60 or so.

thanks for the reply though

If your question is about springs, then the answer is above. If your question is about putting Legacy suspension on an OB, the answer is no. You can do it, but you need different offset wheels as the spring perches hit the stock OBXT wheels up front.

I would imagine the ride quality would be terrible with an STI suspension. The STI from the factory is VERY bouncy....ESPECIALLY if you use a tire with a softer sidewall; SNOWS = even worse. I couldn't imagine the higher sidewall and the STI suspension. I think it would ride like crap.....fine it may look could. I even have the Pinks and Pilot PS2's - still a bit harsh. I would say get better tires and some rear sways and see how you like it. Your best bet is to TEST OUT WHATEVER YOU WANT FIRST. I have made the mistake too many times after 2 WRX's and an STI about what Joe Internet Suspension Tuner says - - especially when he or she lives where the road conditions are different.

Archived