LegacyGT.com

DIY ROLL CONNECTOR REPLACEMENT ( horn not working )

I'm attempting to replace the roll connector behind the steering wheel.   Besides youtube videos i'm having a hard time

finding the actual procedure....    Fingers crossed that someone can help in anyway....   I miss my horn!

I already have the part, i just really want this to do as smoothly as possible...    

15 hours ago, Beamercub said:

I'm trying to find the instructions on removing the steering wheel / screw/ tab locations... 

On subaruoutback.org forums in the ‘Problems & DIY Maintenance > Do-It-Yourself Illustrated Guides’ sub-forum, Brucey did a roll connector (clock spring) replacement under the topic ‘No horn. Clock Spring and 83196AJ04A / 83196AL00A Steering Roll Connector replacement. Subaru Outback’ topic here:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/no-horn-clock-spring-and-83196aj04a-83196al00a-steering-roll-connector-replacement-subaru-outback.536739/

While Brucey’s Outback is a 2017 model, the info he posted would probably suit your Legacy.

Mission completed.  I contacted SOA and was able to get a goodwill credit for service and or parts, amount $350 !!     I used that for the $145 roll connector and replaced it myself !   The job was easier than it appeared.    Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.