LegacyGT.com

Knn intake to stock comparo vid

lookslikeanevo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway i think it sounds better :)

What id like to really hear is stock intake with the resonator/silencer thing taken out vs the K&N..

By the way i converted it down to WMV since the video portion isnt that important but chose cd audio.. only 1.6mb for the broadband impared

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/videos/intake1-1.wmv

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Guest *Jedimaster*
you dont have to install it :p you just have to change your association to mplayer2.exe :)

Nooooo- you missed the point! I'm done with you n00bs :lol:

Anyway i think it sounds better :)

What id like to really hear is stock intake with the resonator/silencer thing taken out vs the K&N..

By the way i converted it down to WMV since the video portion isnt that important but chose cd audio.. only 1.6mb for the broadband impared

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/videos/intake1-1.wmv

by stock i meant stock with the intake silncer taken out, i thought i said that, but ill update the first post

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just did some datalogs of my car with the stock intake tonight and then installed the K&N Typhoon. Wow..... what a sound... and I got the wife's approval.

I am going to give it a day to adjust... then datalog again....

Next up... I get to put in my Cobb Catted DP and go Stage II! ;)

i actuslly got it back on, wife really doesnt like it, but i dont really care lol...she hated it with the GFB BOV, maybe cus i told her i just unplugged a hose, i wonder how ill explain the chirp from the greedy type s bov

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I datalogged tonight with my K&N and it showed a 10% error in g/s Mass Air Flow when compared to the stock air box.

The stock box flowed 238 g/s @ 6K RPM.

The K&N typhoon flowed 217 g/s @ 6K RPM.

There were no other changes... so the MAF doesn't read quite right in the K&N. Plus... the ECU was pulling timing.

Anyone else log with a K&N? I really don't want to pull it off.. but if it is only hurting things.... (tune, knock, etc).

Yeah... that's what they're saying over there, also..... I didn't think the datalogs looked that bad.... but I'm just learning.

Still new to this turbo, datalogging, and tuning thing.

Give me a carburator, and I'm set! ;)

Archived