LegacyGT.com

Knn intake to stock comparo vid

lookslikeanevo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all really depends upon under hood temperatures. If you're under hood air temps are relatively hot, a CAI would be beneficial as it's drawing cooler intake air. In our particular application, I'd say it's not necessarily needed if a heat shield is in place on the turbo housing. Air flows from under the lip of the hood and evacuates the hot air toward the back of the engine bay away from the intake.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

i forgot to mention that what i meant by stock was sotck w/ intake silncer removed, ill try to do another run soon, maybe even a dyno....

but damn that like 4-5runs on a dyno, $100+, anyone want to help?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

i forgot to mention that what i meant by stock was sotck w/ intake silncer removed, ill try to do another run soon, maybe even a dyno....

but damn that like 4-5runs on a dyno, $100+, anyone want to help?

ahhh yes, in that case it may be worth it to see... do a front case removal/stock filter. complete baffle removal/stock filter, then reverse but with a K&N drop in panel filter... then try the typhoon. That's a lot of money on the dyno... expecially if you let the car cool down as to not skew results due to heat up.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

The piping diameter doesn't mean diddly-squat. As long as the sampling tube is the same diameter as stock (assuming the stock sensor is used), it'll be an accurate reading. You can do anything you want before & after the meter and it won't change the validity of the results.

The piping diameter doesn't mean diddly-squat. As long as the sampling tube is the same diameter as stock (assuming the stock sensor is used), it'll be an accurate reading. You can do anything you want before & after the meter and it won't change the validity of the results.

I disagree. With different sized piping before and after turbulence likely will be increased causing less then accurate readings.

I have the Typhoon for my STi. There was a great deal of debate on the STi version w/regard to power, AFR's etc. A brave soul had his otherwise stock STi dynoed before and after and saw a 12 hp increase, and the AFR's matched the stock values, making this a relatively safe mod for vehicles using stock EM. The main concern for me was making sure the oiled filter element doesn't FUBAR the MAF sensor.

Obviously the Legacy unit will differ somewhat from the STi, and the EM is certainly different, so someone will need to confirm AFRs and whatnot for the Legacy. Given that K&N turned out the kind of product for the STi that they did, I would expect the same for the Legacy kit too.

It is loud, and the whoosh and psssh are definitely apparent when driving the car. There's also some popping in the exhaust note when getting off throttle, which to me is the best sound of all.

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

Kgreb i saved the info in Zip format to my computer and this vid still doesnt work for me, any suggestions??

Joking or serious? Install Windows Media Player 10. Unzip the codec linked above to a temp directory, run the .exe to install.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Kgreb i saved the info in Zip format to my computer and this vid still doesnt work for me, any suggestions??

Um, run the .exe?

...???...if one where cautious why can't one buy the K&N Typhoon kit and Blitz's LM Cone Filter that doesn't use only or their SUS stainless steel mesh filter???

CRAZY KEN

BTW TurboMaryland I sent you an inquiry thru your website...Please respond ASAP!!!

Archived