LegacyGT.com

OBD-II Hidden Codes?

I took my 15 Legacy to Safelite today to have the windshield replaced and the cameras recalibrated. 20 minutes after I left, they called me and said my car had some codes stored for Eyesight, and because of that, they wouldn't attempt to recalibrate the vehicle. Windshield didn't get installed, either.

I have him show me what he sees, and there are probably at least a dozen codes on his screen, across many modules (a/c, eyesight, blind spot, power steering, tpms, combination meter). He says they can't do the work until I come in and that code for the Eyesight isn't there (B28AB). Says that just last week they tried to do one that had a stored code, couldn't calibrate it, and somehow disabled the whole "system" and had to replace it for the customer (thousands of $$).

I have a cheapo ELM OBDII bluetooth scanner that I've used a bunch. I always thought it did everything I needed it to for code reading/clearing. It seems to be able to access active, pre-emptive, and historical codes, and I thought also had the ability to clear them. So I hooked it up today and checked multiple apps - couldn't find a code in sight.

I've also never had issues with any of these systems, or DTC/MIL/CEL's, etc on my Legacy (knock on wood). It's got almost 130k on the clock, it's in a garage much of its life when idle, and I maintain it well. I have had the windshield replaced before and recalibrated once a couple of years ago.

He was using a $5k Bosch pro setup, not my $30 BT adapter. Does that thing dig deeper for codes? Should I be able to take it to AutoZone and get lucky for them to see and clear all of those? Or do I need to go to Subaru? Or is this dude nuts? I made him show me the screen and the VIN to confirm it was my ride, because it makes no sense.

And I actually want the Fuyao glass from Safelite so I need to get these cleared so I can take it back there. He made it seem like this was his boss' policy because they had to drop $5k a couple of weeks ago. Seems like crap to me, but I do have to deal with it now.

Thanks.