LegacyGT.com

1990 vs 1991 Legacy AWD

Brilliant

NEWBIE! no really, really new! I was just wondering if it is worth buying two cars for $650 rather than one for $400..."good" one is $400 and 91, dead one is $250 and '90, thinking for parts, but wanted to make sure that they are basically the same if both are AWD.

Thanks in advance.

Mr. T

They are pretty much identical. The only difference is some cosmetic changes for the 1991 model year, but all the body parts will still fit. Some things like the grill and the headlights are shaped a little differently. If you want to change the headlights, you will need to change the entire front clip or else they won't line up. Mechanically they are pretty much the same providing that both cars are either automatic or manual transmissions.

I would jump on both cars for $650. Man, all these great deals on the first generation AWD models and I can't find a single one where I'm at! I need to get my hands on an AWD model real bad. :(

They are falling all over here in SLC just like the snow that is coming :lol:, I'm going to take miscellaneous stuff off the old one and replacing the old broken stuff back on the junker car because I have it sold to a junk yard sight unseen for $200 so basically pulling everything I need and want for $50! Supposedly the engine and transmission were rebuilt on the junker 5 years ago and its the LSi but kind of torn up inside...maybe I should sell the transmission and engine for just parts? Sounds like too much hassle though.

One question. I need to replace the transmission mount, I understand its easy but you are talking to a guy whos only technical success has been changing his disc brakes on nothing older than a 2002! Any links to get a good lesson first or should I just go buy a Haynes and go at it? :icon_ques

• 3 weeks later...
Feldman and I got the engine up and running on the parts car! It is the fuel relay issue...we just bypassed the whole thing to the battery and with a little work it was up and running! We have video but not sure how to post it...anyway...we are done with the car and if anyone wants it (Platinum?) $250 takes it home (I'm not greedy)...you just have to come get it! (or I'll help put it on some kind of transport if interested?!

Archived