LegacyGT.com

2018 Legacy rattle when going over irregularities

See TSB 04-17-17R. Replacing the rack's tension spring is something that a lot of people have done themselves; it's cheap and relatively easy. It does require a special tool, though.

TSB_04-14-17R_pp1-4.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

See TSB 04-17-17R. Replacing the rack's tension spring is something that a lot of people have done themselves; it's cheap and relatively easy. It does require a special tool, though.

Thank you

In case this comes up in your search, dealership quoted me $890.

Edited by Przemek

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to jack this thread, but after reading the TSB, does this special bit used to remove the screw come with the spring kit (part # referenced in the TSB)?

Assuming this has to be ordered from

A dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

... does this special bit used to remove the screw come with the spring kit (part # referenced in the TSB)?

No, you have to buy it separately; even the dealers have to buy it separately. As the TSB indicates on page 1, the correct BTP40P Torx bit is available from Bosch or Matco. Some owners have also reported finding the proper tool (at lower cost) on Amazon or eBay.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

After I came back from the dealership all was good for about two weeks but now it came back. It seems to do it only when I'm breaking though.  But the sound is the same.  I have to go there again, hopefully it just needs an adjustment