LegacyGT.com

Problems With Tire Pressure Sensors

First let me state this is still an ongoing problem. Ordered 4 new Subaru TPS sensors from ebay. Went to dealership had them installed. Light kept coming on. Went to dealership again, found nothing. Daily, light coming on. Went to dealership again this time module that controls TPS & Key Fob replaced, said sensor 1 & 4 working but not reading through module. Light still comes on. I have been to the dealership 5 times, 2 times light went out when i got to dealership parking lot, yeah i know my luck. Service advisor says they can't do anything cause if light is out it don't store fault codes. Alrady spent around $500 & still coming on daily. Any thoughts?

They dealer should be able to read the sensors themselves. The tool I have, also reads out the Tire Pressure.

Are they programming the TPMS correctly? Is the tire pressure in range, I think it can be set too high which could cause it to come on.

Are you sure the sensor OEM Subaru and not some Asian knock off?

If the BCM is new, there are no stored TPMS codes, and the sensors are good, then there has to be some other electrical gremlin.

The only thing I can suggest is to buy something like an Autel AP200 so you can view live data and check codes while driving. Unfortunately, Walmart seems to have stopped selling their rebranded version of the device called the Hyper Tough HT200.

If your tire pressures are all within a few psi of each other and the light is still coming on you may have faulty batteries in the sensors, but the tpms tool should show battery life. My oem sensors were kind of odd as they didn't show battery life or anything abnormal until about 20 min into driving, then one sensor would show 80 psi while the others showed the correct pressure.

I had Discount tire change them all out during my last tire install.

Thats what i am leaning toward a weak battery. Problem is no one knows how old the sensors are, just because new, they could have sat on a shelf for a couple years. Seems like i have problems when 40 degrees or cooler.

Thats what i am leaning toward a weak battery. Problem is no one knows how old the sensors are, just because new, they could have sat on a shelf for a couple years. Seems like i have problems when 40 degrees or cooler.

They would have sat on a shelf for a looooong time then. The OEM sensor battery lasts a decade on average. Plus, if the battery voltage was low there would be a stored code for the specific sensors (Code 51/52/53/54).