LegacyGT.com

5EAT Downshift

This is insteresting...I haven't experienced any major downshift problems, but then again, I haven't downshifted at really high RPMS.

I was told by a mechanic friend of mine that these tiptronic transmissions tend to rush the cyntrifocal (sp?) clutch a little which could be the reason for the jerking feeling you get.

For me I wonder how good this is for the tranny over the long term. Only time will tell I guess.

I only really use mine when I want to jump out from on on-ramp on a highway, or if someone challenges me. I like the control, but see no need to use it all the time.

Same here, from 3 to 2 and from 5 to 4. Upshifts are harsh in the same gearsets. It's been really cold here and that's when it started, but I really don't think the cold has anything to do with it, I warm the car up, and it doesn't matter if I've driven 1 mile or 30. I was thinking about disconnecting the battery to reset the adaptive progamming and see if that changes the shifts.

Have any of you treid resetting the ECU?

Disconnect the + of your battery and let

the car sit for about 15 minutes.

Hook up the battery and use the shifter

to make the car shift when and where you want.

It shuold correct the issue.. Mine used to shift funky

when I'd drive it. I reset the ECU and my shifting is much smoother now.

GTsleeper, my driving style is normal.... My issue is with coming to stop at traffic light(s) in normal mode. 5EAT downshift harsh from 3rd to 2nd (all other gears are fine. But, I won't feel it if do a panic stop. I only notice it when I'm in local driving or in a traffic jam.

So what or how did you resolved your 5EAT issue ??

^^^ the whole point is to reset the 'driving style' of the trans with u.

yes ive done this, in the early stages of modding. the trans acted very weird

Archived