LegacyGT.com

Anybody know if the Mach V wing and similar wings add downforce?

Here's the pic, for those who were interested in what two clashing colors would look like! I'm excited to see how it looks painted in ABP.

Also, FWIW, I don't know what the forum needs to support larger picture uploads but this image was converted to a JPEG and then reduced in size by 75% and still one of the two photos converted like this is too large to upload. Would be a nice QOL change.

20220327_174708.thumb.png.00aa366640456db21839a2a4bcbd7cdc.png

so there's a whole thread about aero, using a model of both sedan and wagon run on a cfd system.

At about 120-160mph the wing starts to have a minimal effect.

on the 4th gens, the undertray is pretty good. On the wagon, the long roof is extremely aero

thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/4th-gen-aero-282756.html?t=282756

Edited by boxkita

I figured it was largely bling, but good to know that speeds that my car can't hit due to electronic limiting show some benefit! :lol:

My car has been missing all of the aero underbody stuff since I bought it. Wondering how easy it would be to find those bits these days. Might be worth it not having them on there just for ease of working on the car.

Gunnar has a mach-v wing on his wagon. He graciously allowed me to use his car for real world testing of the effects. We spent 3 hours several years ago attempting to find out wagon aero.

this set of faster pics is my favorite set - https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5640123&postcount=771

The last one is ~100mph. Net result is the wagon roof just before the splitter is super aerodynamic

I figured it was largely bling, but good to know that speeds that my car can't hit due to electronic limiting show some benefit! :lol:

My car has been missing all of the aero underbody stuff since I bought it. Wondering how easy it would be to find those bits these days. Might be worth it not having them on there just for ease of working on the car.

the front undertray is an aero item as well as improving the tmic functionality. The side trays smooth out a turbulent area. The area behind the the rear axle is mostly filled by the spare tire holder and the the rear bumper skin..

putting a diffuser on required a rather big device to much of difference .