LegacyGT.com

Opinions on adding a vacuum Manifold

As I'm replacing vacuum line I find I do not care for how Subaru did this at all.

I also have and aftermarket fpr, and fuel damper that both require a vacuum reference.

I really just want to run an aftermarket manifold and direct lines to each system.

Any reason why this is a bad idea ?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’ve run a separate boost/vacuum manifold. Worked perfectly fine. Looked a little janky as I didn’t have a place to mount it but it was a 4” long block of 1/2”x1/2” aluminum, one zip tie and it wasn’t going anywhere.

I used a pressure rated manifold from Princess Auto, my biggest issue was finding the right sized npt hose barbs for everything I wanted to run off it (1/4” all the way up to 9/16”). I was only running 8-psi on that turbo but nothing ever blew off and I didn’t need hose clamps or zip ties. This was not on a Legacy, just FYI.

This one looks exactly like the one I had (same color even):

https://www.amazon.ca/Uxcell-a11120200ux0438-Pneumatic-Manifold-Splitter/dp/B00843USU2/ref=asc_df_B00843USU2/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=337093155729&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12211606325596346814&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001327&hvtargid=pla-569926730341&psc=1

Edited by lagwagon