LegacyGT.com

Weird driving issue

So, new to me 15 Legacy Limited, 106,000 miles. First snow drive in it last night. Was on the highway and 2 times, it felt like the brake was tapped, like just a quick grab, and then it was fine. I thought it might have been from the snow. Today on the way to work, roads were clear, about 15 miles into my drive, it did it again. Only once. Is this a CVT issue? Its just a split second, but it feels like you just tapped the brake pedal, then its fine.

Was on the highway and 2 times, it felt like the brake was tapped, like just a quick grab, and then it was fine.

Sounds like the VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) system doing its thing under conditions of marginal traction (e.g. snow, ice, mud, loose sand, etc.). I wouldn't worry, unless it continues to occur on clear, dry road surfaces. You might also check your tires for adequate tread depth and proper inflation.

Do you have EyeSight? If so, it probably had a hiccup - it's fairly commom and leads some folks to turn it off.informenter-marker-1.png

Based on years of experience in our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback, both with EyeSight, I disagree:

• ... that this seems like an EyeSight "hiccup"
  • ... that such "hiccups" are common with EyeSight
  • ... that it's a good idea to disable EyeSight

If you are already a good driver, you'll seldom be aware that EyeSight's even there. EyeSight is like having a second pair of eyes that never get tired, careless, or distracted.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Based on years of experience in our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback, both with EyeSight, I disagree:

• ... that this seems like an EyeSight "hiccup"
  • ... that such "hiccups" are common with EyeSight
  • ... that it's a good idea to disable EyeSight

If you are already a good driver, you'll seldom be aware that EyeSight's even there. EyeSight is like having a second pair of eyes that never get tired, careless, or distracted.

I agree with your comments

Do you have EyeSight? If so, it probably had a hiccup - it's fairly commom and leads some folks to turn it off. I bought a trim level without EyeSight so I wouldn't have to put up with a demented nanny.

informenter-marker-1.png

No eyesight. I hasnt done it since. Lets hope the issue was a non issue. Thanks for the response!