LegacyGT.com

Questions about the 2008 LGT

Hey all,

Just a few questions about my 2008 LGT. I understand the engine is under vacuum and that an RPM drop is to be expected when removing the oil cap, but how many RPMs is acceptable? Also, how much blowby is too much blowby? The oil cap doesn't shoot off when removed but does rock a tiny bit from the pressure. Won't blow a piece of paper away either, just a little bit of flapping from it. PCV valve is on my list to be replaced so that may solve all of these, if they're even issues to begin with.

Also looking for advice on general maintenance outside of the owners manual, and any helpful tips/tricks from the mechanics and longtime owners of these.

I am aware all of my queries may have been answered before so if you could direct me there that would be great!

My RPMs don't drop if I remove my oil cap while the car runs. You may have a vacuum leak somewhere. I'd highly recommend taking the car to a shop that has a dyno as they will properly vacuum leak test the system unlike many shops who use evap machines that test to single digit PSI numbers. Your turbo boosts to what, 12 PSI stock? Gotta pressurize the system to 12 PSI.

How many miles are on the car? Auto or manual? Is it stock? If the PCV valve hasn't been done then it's advisable to have it done, but if your engine isn't healthy then it's not worth doing until the engine is replaced. These engines like to burn a lot of oil and tend to need a bit more care than the average car. I'd recommend a compression and leakdown test to make sure your engine is healthy before you spend any more money on it.

All of your suspension bushings are shot with ~14 years on them, regardless of mileage. If you'd like to replace them with something sportier, Whiteline makes many bushings for our cars and we generally recommend their bushings for the front control arms as well as the trailing arms.

Axle boots like to go, especially the ones near the hot downpipe.

Use premium octane gas if you haven't been already.

Good luck! These are fun cars but they are quite old now.